Episode 19: New Enemy

An hour later, we heard another incoming transmission from a familiar Protoss.

"Executor, by following Tassadar and attempting to rescue the Dark Templar, you have openly defied the will of the Conclave. Abandon this mad scheme now, and the Conclave may show you mercy." It was Aldaris.

"Damn, he's persistent." Says Lupin.

I shrug.

Artanis was speechless. He may agree with Tassadar's mission but, he's still a Protoss and a Khalai at heart. He's still skeptical about the Dark Templars.

It's a wise move to rely on the Dark Templars but, he still had doubts about them personally.

And then, Tassadar intervened. "Don't let him control you Executor. The Judicator have long since steered the actions of the Templar to their own ends. It's time we acted on our own accord."

"Ah, Tassadar, have you fallen so far? To think you were our brightest hope: our most beloved son. Now you are everything that we are not. You are lost to us. Not only have you damned yourself, but you have damned those who have followed you."

Tassadar raised his voice and exclaimed. "Such is the price for our race's salvation Judicator!"

For some reason, I really found Tassadar cool and admirable. I really respect his dedication to save his own race. Even going as far as rebelling against the Conclave's beliefs.

"I have been here, with the Dark Templar, these few months. While I helped them in their fight against the Zerg, I learned many of their secrets from their Prelate, Zeratul. Apparently, the energies which empower the Dark Templar also course through the Overmind and its Cerebrates."

And then, it was Aldaris' turn to raise his voice. "The same Cerebrate which you told us to destroy. Your advice was useless, for the creature was reincarnated before our very eyes!"

Tassadar explained. "Unfortunately, yes. Your attack on the Cerebrate failed because the energies that you wield are useless when used directly against the Overmind and its Cerebrates. Only the Dark Templar's power can truly harm the Zerg. That is why we must rescue Zeratul and return him to Aiur!"

I see. So, even with Lupin's trump card, it will still be rendered useless huh? I was about to suggest it to Tassadar but after hearing this, there's no need to tell him. I say in my mind.

"You were warned Executor. The Conclave will not be pleased." Says Aldaris and then, he ended the transmission.

The room was silent for a while and then, I spoke up. "He really doesn't understand your position. They'd rather do unneccesary things than trust you with this huh?"

Tassadar lowered his head. "I hope he will one day. But for now, let's focus on the task at hand."

* * *

We landed on a safe place where those crystals, also known as minerals are visible.

It seems that these so-called minerals are their resources when it comes to creating their warriors and buildings.

I think I saw several minerals back in Remnant, a pity those people don't know how to use them though.

They create their protoss warriors through those...cryo tubes. I believe I don't want to know the process behind their creation so, I won't ask them for that.

We fought off several Zerg forces. We also attacked several of their base of operations on the area and to be honest, it was really disgusting since...they're all flesh and all. Especially their buildings.