Episode 14: Day before the Dance

A few months has passed. We were given missions now but, only the minor ones.

Except for Team CFVY though. They're away on some major mission for reasons unknown to me. Oh well, a mission's a mission.

We were attending one of Prof. Glynda's activity. Pyrrah was fighting alone against Team CRDL.

We were silently watching her match against them. She's a good fighter. After fighting Team CRDL, Prof. Glynda step in to announce the match.

"And that's the match." Says Prof. Glynda. "Well done Ms. Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

"Thank you Professor." Says Pyrrah.

"She's strong. I don't think I can win against her in a normal fight like that." I muttered. Doesn't mean I give up though.

"But it'll be fun to fight her you know?" Says Lupin.

And then, Prof. Glynda grabbed our attention. "Ms. Belladonna?"

Blake closed her book.

"You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-"

And then, a student named Mercury Black interjected. "I'll do it."

I've been keeping my eye on them. I've come to the conclusion that they're just normal students after all but, I still can't shake this feeling of uneasiness.

Makes me curious about that day though since my senses screamed danger whenever I look at them. Especially that black haired woman named Cinder Fall.

"Mercury is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Says Prof. Glynda.

"Actually, I wanna fight....her." He pointed towards Pyrrah.

I was surprised. Now this'll be interesting to watch. I say in my mind.

"Me?" Says Pyrrah.

"I'm afraid Ms. Nikos has just finished a match. I recommend you choose another partner." Says Prof. Glynda.

"No! It's fine." Says Pyrrah. "I'd be happy to oblige."

Mercury prepared himself in the stage. This will be the first time to see someone like him fight against Pyrrah.

They were fighting against each other. It was a fair fight. Mercury uses kicks to attack and his weapons are located on his foot.

Interesting. I say in my mind. He even managed to disarm Pyrrah.

In his last kick, Pyrrah used her semblance to evade. Mercury's kick missed, causing him to stumble backwards.

Pyrrah ran towards him with her shield up. Mercury used that to his advantage. Using it as a stepping tool. He jumped backwards.

Pyrrah ran towards him again. But Mercury just looked away, saying something that surprised me and Pyrrah. "I forfeit."

"You...don't even want to try?" Pyrrah asked.

"What's the point? You're a world renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart." He shrugged.

"In that case, Pyrrah Nikos is the victor of the match...again." Says Prof. Glynda. "Next time, you might wanna think harder before choosing an opponent."

He raised his arm. "I'll be sure to do that." And then, he walked away.

Hmmm. Something's fishy. If he knew that, why would he fight without the intent to win? I say in my mind.

"That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses."

Blake looks...tired. I say in my mind.