Un

I don't own the Vampire Diaries.

  Elena Gilbert was tired. Tired of her monotonous routine of waking up, eating, working and sleeping. Today was no different. At least until she arrived home and got her mail. A couple of normal brown envelopes and an elegant one. 

Unlocking her front door, she kicked off her black pumps before heading to the kitchen. Switching on the kitchen, she sat on the worktop to read the letters. Amongst the letters were a variety of different bills. At least until she got to the elegant envelope and found a wedding invitation inside that read; 

You are cordially invited to celebrate the wedding of 

 Stefan Salvatore and Caroline Forbes 

On Monday Afternoon 

April the 6th 

 at 4 o'clock 

at the Salvatore Mansion 

A dinner reception will follow the ceremony at Mystic Falls Hotel 

R.S.V.P March the 3rd 

She sat there speechless until her kettle finished boiling. She'd have to face her family after two years without seeing them and worst of all; she'd have to see Damon. Elena and Damon had dated for five years before he proposed to her and the day of the wedding he dumped her. She immediately fled that night to London and hasn't looked back since. 

After making her cup of tea, she sat down on the couch thinking about the invitation. It wasn't as if she didn't want to go, she did, but she didn't want to go alone. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of turning up alone when he more than likely has a date. He is Damon Salvatore after all. She didn't know what to do. That was until she remembered the business card Rose, her friend from work, gave her. It was for an escort company for as Rose put it 'for emergencies.' 

 She shuffled through her purse searching for the card but no luck. She checked all her other purses until she found it in her cheap knock off Prada bag. The card read 'Marvelous Male Escorts.' 

---------------------------- 

 -THE NEXT DAY- 

The escort company provided the perfect solution and his name was Klaus Mikaelson. He was to contact her sometime today for details of their arrangement. 

She had rung Caroline last night who had been way too ecstatic after Elena told her that she was coming. She had gladly accepted the offer to be her maid of honour. Caroline was also intrigued to find that Elena was going to be bringing a date to the wedding. She wouldn't indulge any information about her date which Caroline huffed about. "Typical Caroline" Elena thought. 

The sound of her iPhone 5 going off brought her out of her thoughts. She answered it, "Hello?" 

"Can I speak to Elena Gilbert?" a man in a sexy British accent asked 

"Speaking" 

"This is Niklaus Mikaelson and I'm calling to discuss the details of our arrangement"

"This is my first time using an escort service so I am not sure what type of details we need to discuss"

"Okay, first where and when?" 

"Well, the wedding is on the 6th of April and because I am the maid of honour I have to leave on the 3rd. Does this suit you?" 

"Yes, these dates suit perfectly. Now, where is this event taking place?" 

"In Mystic Falls" 

"I've never heard of Mystic Falls. May I ask where it is?"

"It is in Virginia in the US"

"Okay, so will I be paying for the plane ticket or will you?" he asked her. It was a relief to Elena that he was acting so calm in the situation. If it was her then she would've been freaking out. 

"I've got it covered" 

"That's great. Can I ask you a few details about the wedding?"

"Yeah" 

"Whose wedding is it?"

"My best friend Caroline's to a man named Stefan"

"That sounds nice. Can I ask you why you didn't want to go alone?"

"The best man is my ex-fiancé" she explained

"Oh. Sounds complicated"

"Oh, I haven't even started yet"

"Well, you can tell me all about it when I see you"

"And when will that be?" "I'll come and get my plane ticket the day before we leave"

"Okay. Sounds good"

"Okay see you then, Elena"

"You too, Niklaus" 

 She hung up the phone and looked at the clock; she still had an hour and a half before she had to get to work. She then decided to go clothes shopping for the wedding. She needed to recreate her wardrobe so she could show Damon what he's missing. 

 -------------------- 

 "What's got you in such a good mood?" Rose questioned her, once she arrived at work, "Or rather who's got you in a good mood?"

"I finally found a use for your escort card"

"What do you mean?"

"I got an invitation for Stefan Salvatore's wedding yesterday"

"Salvatore? As in Damon?"

"Stefan is his younger brother"

"So where does the escort card fit in?"

"I didn't want to show up alone to the wedding-"

"Because you wanted to show Damon what he's missing" Rose finished for her

"Exactly"

"So what's his name?"

"Niklaus?"

"As in Niklaus Mikaelson?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I asked him to be my date for a wedding once but he said he doesn't do weddings. You must be one special girl"

"Yeah, I guess"

"I don't pay you girls to stand around. The customers are getting impatient. GO, GO, GO!" Mr Martin shouted when he spotted the two girls talking. Both girls immediately got back to work before Mr Martin could shout again.