Cinq

"You can't get anywhere without the people who have come into your life." - Ian Somerhalder

Klaus stood there observing everything she did. The way she licked her lips before she spoke her soft melodious and enchanting voice. The way she'd flicker her gaze to look at him every few seconds before turning again to face Bonnie. The way she laughed at everything Bonnie said, her sweet innocent giggle.

Soon enough, Bonnie left muttering something about trying to avoid Jamie who seemed to pop out every time Bonnie was there. It was almost as if he was stalking her but trying not to make it too obvious.

As soon as Bonnie left and just as Klaus was about to turn to talk to Elena, a middle-aged man approached them. His smile widened when he spotted Elena staring at him. His wise grey-blue eyes sparkled as Elena enveloped him in a hug. They eventually pulled apart and he spoke in a deep voice, "Long time no see, Lena."

"I'm sorry Dad, I guess I got caught up in life" she replied, looking down at the ground.

"Don't worry sweetie. I understand" he reassured her

"Thanks Dad" she told him

"And who might this be?" he questioned, raising his eyebrows at Klaus

"Klaus" Klaus answered for her, and she smiled in response.

He was just about to ask them for the story of how they met when he was interrupted by a shrill voice.

"Grayson!" Miranda shouted, fast-walking towards him. Her light brown hair bouncing on her shoulders as she walked.

"Did you not hear me call you?" she snapped at him.

She didn't give him a chance to an answer instead she dragged him by the arm of in the same direction she came from.

Elena turned to face Klaus for the first time in what felt like ages.

"I love my dad. But technically, since he's my stepfather he's not family... he's more like a hostage," she explained. Klaus chuckled in response.

"What's your dad like?" she asked him, wanting to know more about him.

"My dad is...a vindictive bastard" he stated, as if he'd rehearsed this over a million times.

"Okay" she replied

"Is your mother worse or better than mine?" she questioned him

"I'd probably say a mixture of both, depending on the situation" he responded. She giggled at his response causing him to smile in return, revealing his dimples.

"Hello Elena, it's nice to see you again" a voice butted into their conversation. Elena turned to face the voice and immediately recognised it as Stefan Salvatore.

"Stefan!" she screamed, causing all the guests to turn to look at her.

"I'm guessing you missed me?" he chuckled.

Stefan and Elena have been best friends for several years before her and Damon got together. He was one of her best male friends minus her younger brother Jeremy. Stefan was just one year older than her whilst Damon was five years older than her.

Stefan's green eyes meet Klaus' blue eyes and he turned to face Elena, "Is this your date?"

"I'm Klaus" he introduced himself, holding his hand out for Stefan to shake.

"I'm Stefan" he replied, taking Klaus' hand and shaking it.

- Later On -

"There's just something about him that I don't like" Damon told his brother, he'd been staring at Klaus and Elena for quite some time yet they haven't noticed as they are too wrapped up in their own little world.