Seize

It was almost closing time at the Mystic Grill; the remaining drinkers were sent home except for the moping blonde in the corner.

"Its closing time, miss," the bartender reached for her half empty glass of whiskey.

"Just one more drink," she snatched the glass from his reach and cradled it against her chest.

"That's a no can do. I'd like to go home and go to bed so you'd better go too," he reached for her glass again.

"Well I'd like to get married tomorrow but that doesn't seem to be happening!" she chugged the remainder of her drink in one go.

"You'd need a boyfriend first, that's how it normally works"

"I'm already engaged or was...it's complicated," she flashed him the diamond ring sitting comfortably on her ring finger.

"Complicated or not, the bar's still closing," he finally grabbed the glass from her and brought it over to the sink to wash it.

"You're an insensitive dick, you know that?" she jumped up too fast from her seat and almost lost her balance but managed to grip the table at the right moment.

"Easy there!" he rushed over to her, trying to hold her

"Get off me!" she pushed him away, almost knocking herself off balance

"You can't hold yourself up properly. I'm trying to be a gentleman"

"Ughh..." she huffed, storming out of the Mystic Grill.

-----------------------

A blaring ringtone awoke Tyler from his nap. Disgruntled but refusing to open his eyes as he leant his head against the window, he reached over to his right where his nightstand usually sat but hit nothing but air.

"Wake up, sunshine," a voice sounded from his right

Tyler reluctantly opened his eyes looking towards the voice. On his right sat his uncle Mason who looked as tired as he felt.

"You look like shit, Mase," Tyler commented, feeling his pockets for his phone

"Well not all of us had the opportunity to take a nap"

Tyler made an unimpressed face at his uncle and grunted, "Where is my phone?"

"Try the floor, dumbass"

Following the instruction, Tyler ran his hand under his seat searching for his ringing phone. Finally finding it, he grabbed it pressing the answer button without looking at his caller ID.

"Hello"

"Sheriff Forbes, what's up?"

"The wedding's off"

"What do you mean?"

"There's been a mishap between Caroline and Stefan"

"Oh, shit"

"I've got to go Tyler, I need to find Caroline she hasn't come home yet"

"See you Liz."

Hanging up the phone, Tyler sits the phone on the dashboard in front of him.

"What was that about?"

"The wedding's off"

"What?!"

"Caroline and Stefan fell out, that's all Liz said"

"Crap, I just wasted a whole tank of gas for this?"