Deux

I don't own The Vampire Diaries.

She was rushing around the house, trying to tidy it before Niklaus got here to pick up his ticket. To say she was nervous would be an understatement; she was freaking out. Whilst she was sweeping her black and white tiled kitchen floor, her phone rang.

“Hello” she grumbled into the phone

“Hi Elena, it’s Niklaus”

“Oh...Niklaus, hey”

“I’ m sorry, I am not able to come by today to pick up my ticket so is it alright if I send my brother, Kol, to pick it up for me?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“I must warn you he can be a bit obnoxious”

“I’ve dealt with my fair share of obnoxious guys. Don’t worry I’ll be fine” she giggled causing him to chuckle in response.

“Okay, I’m sorry again but I’ll meet you tomorrow at the airport”

“Yeah, see you then”

“Okay, bye”

She threw herself on the kitchen chair and sighed. She wasn’t going to be able to see her escort until tomorrow on the plane so she is quite frustrated.

After a while of sulking, she decided to pack her suitcase for the next day. She normally would have had her bag packed three days before she had to leave but this time she was preoccupied over a lot of things regarding the wedding and how she was going to act around her family especially when Klaus is there.

She was brought of her thoughts by a knock on the door. She almost stumbled down the stairs whilst she rushed to the door. She opened the door and she saw a blue-eyed, light brown-haired guy with an athletic build and looked to be about 6’1”.

“Hi, you must be Kol”

“I guess my brother told you I’d be coming” he answered, with a British accent

“Yeah...Would you like to come in?” she asked, gesturing towards the door

“Yeah, I don’t have anything to do ...” he stopped to look at his watch, “...all day”

“Okay then, come in”

She moved out of the way to let Kol in and she closed the door behind him. She directed him towards the kitchen where he pulled out a chair for her before he took a seat for himself.

“Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?”

“Coffee, please”

She got up from her seat to put the kettle on and waited until it was finished boiling before asking Kol, “How do you take your coffee?”

“Milk and two sugars, thanks”

She handed him the mug before bringing her own one over to the table and retaking her seat.

“So you’re Klaus’ brother?”

“Yeah, the younger and better looking Mikaelson”

“Klaus said you were a bit obnoxious”

He put his hand over his heart, “I’m quite offended”

“He must have forgotten to mention you were a bit pig-headed” she grumbled.

“So...do you want to tell me a bit about your brother?” she asked him, changing the subject

“What do you want to know?” he answered, raising his eyebrows slightly