Quatre

I don't own The Vampire Diaries.

Second chapter in two days! You guys should be proud!

One of the flight attendants came towards her and asked her, "Are you okay?" and she passed Elena a bottle of water.

"Any second now my date is going to sit down in 3B and I need him to look really, really good today" she answered, talking a large gulp of the water.

"Hello, 3B" the flight attendant said, smiling at Elena. Elena turned around and saw him for the first time, and almost choked on her water.

There he was wearing a dark grey shirt which hugged his abs, topped off with a black leather jacket. His blonde curls were shining in the light and his bright blue eyes were sparkling with curiosity as he made eye contact with her. He smiled when he saw her approach her seat which was located next to his.

She sat down next to him and she turned to him, “You must be Klaus”

“Yep,” he confirmed, popping the ‘p’ before continuing, “That makes you Elena, then”

“Yeah”

“Why are you so nervous?” he asked her, looking down at her shaking hands.

“I haven’t seen my parents in years and I’m not sure I want to now”

“Why not?” he asked, cocking his head to the side

“My mother is a bit... how would you say it?...”

“Bonkers?” he finished

“Yep, that’s it," they both chuckled.

“Why?”

She shrugged her shoulders and simply replied, “Long story”

He didn’t want to push her further so he leaned back in his seat and fell asleep.  He was later awoken by the pilot over the loud speaker, “Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia! We hope you enjoy your stay!”

He rubbed his eyes and looked over at Elena who was still sleeping peacefully. He decided to wake her up so he nudged her and whispered in her ear, “Wake up, sleeping beauty.” She immediately snapped out of her so-called deep sleep to see Klaus standing over her body, nudging her awake.

They left the airport and headed to one of the many local bars, Southern Comfort.

“Remind me why we’re here, again?” Klaus asked her, for the umpteenth time

“Like I said, I’m not going to Caroline’s party dressed like this!” she answered, pointing to her rather plain blue jeans and blue long sleeved jumper.

He rolled his eyes as she headed to the lady’s bathroom to get changed. Klaus muttered something as she walked off ,but she couldn’t quite catch it, “bloody women”

After about fifth dress, she turned to face Klaus, “What do you think?”

Before he got the chance to answer, the bartender answered for him, “Well I’d sleep with you...” he turned to Klaus, “if that’s all right with you.”

Elena rolled her eyes and waited for Klaus’ opinion.

“Well if I say it’s nice, will it get you to hurry up?” he inquired, throwing his head back on the seat.

“It wouldn’t work anyway...” she said, shrugging her shoulders

“How so?” he inquired

“We’re in matching colours that would look fake”