Huit

Once they both got back into Jeremy's car, heading home, Jeremy turned to face Klaus and asked, "So when is my so-called 'date' going to be arriving?" He was ashamed to admit it but he was nervous, what if the girl didn’t like him? He was never nervous or at least he tried to hide it whenever necessary. He didn’t want to be teased by Damon yet again, being called ‘Little Gilbert.’

"She should be arriving in about an hour or so," Klaus replied, checking his watch, a present from his loving brother, as they pulled up outside the Gilbert House. They both clambered out of the car and advanced towards the steps of the house when Klaus froze.

"Well, are you going to stand there all day or are you going to invite me in?" the voice asked, Klaus recognized the impatient feminine voice and regained his posture before he turned to face them as he plastered a smirk on his face and said, "Aren't we a little temperamental today? And where is my 'surprise'?"

The girl was looked to be about 5’7” with straight blonde hair, which was tied in a top knot with a few strands of hair hanging around her face, and blue/grey eyes. She was wearing a black studded cross vest top with a pair of black leggings, which ended about mid-thigh, and her outfit was topped off with a pair of black and white polka dotted converse.

“Well that’s a nice way to greet your little sister,” she replied, running towards her older brother throwing her arms around him and tackling him in a hug. Jeremy could detect a slight British accent in her voice like her older brother.

“You must be Jeremy,” she said, gesturing toward him once she pulled out of the hug

“And I guess that makes you my ‘date’,” Jeremy grinned

“Yes,” she simply answered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear

“Are you going to tell me your name?”

“When you earn it,” she smirked, “so where will I be staying?”

He pouted for a second, resembling a baby puppy, before covering it up so he didn’t get teased.

“Well, we’ve got a guest room or you can stay in my room...if you want,” he smirked

“Well, dear sister, it seems that you forgot about me,” a voice said, coming from the side of the Gilbert house.

The guy towered over the girl at a height of 6’1” who screamed trouble from the dark brown hair to the matching dark brown eyes. The pair looked were as opposite as light and darkness. Where she looked more like her mother and brother, he took after his other brothers and his father. 

“Well, I thought surprises were supposed to be a good thing,” Klaus smiled, as the guy emerged from the side of the house.

 ----------------------------------------

“Guys, hurry up,” Rebekah barked at her older brothers, “The flight leaves in four hours. It could take time to get a taxi. There could be traffic. The plane could leave early. When we get to Mystic Falls, there could be a line at customs. Come on,” she rambled on, trying to catch her breath at the end. She raced around the living room floor as she looked over her checklist.

“For a start, Bekah, Mystic Falls is literally in the middle of nowhere so there probably won’t be held back at customs,” Kol informed his sister who simply ignored him like usual.

“Toothbrush. Check. Hairbrush. Check. Deodorant,” she paused to rummage through her suitcase, “Not here,” she said to herself as she raced out of the room running up the stairs to find her desired item, almost knocking her eldest brother, Finn, over as she pushed past him in the hallway.