Onze

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
― Marilyn Monroe

"What was the argument between you and Bekah about?" Elena asked once they all returned home and Klaus suggested that they go on a walk, just the two of them.

"Nothing. Just boy drama," he shrugged his shoulders. Technically he wasn't lying their fight was about a boy he just didn't tell Elena which one.

"Oh. Been there, done that," she laughed and nudged his shoulder, hoping that he'd cheer up.

"So what's got you down in the dumps?" Elena asked, sitting down on a bench not too far from the Gilbert house.

"Nothing," he looked at her, sitting down beside her

"Is it the fact that I made you leave your family to come to dreary old Mystic Falls?" she asked, looking down at her feet.

He lifted her chin up with his hand, "It's not that. Plus, my family is worse than the Adams Family," he said, causing Elena to laugh at his joke

"Kol and Bekah don't seem that bad," she pointed out

"Individually they seem somewhat normal but as a family...well...we're just...for lack of a better word; dysfunctional," he replied

"Your family can't be that bad. Have you met mine?" she joked, nudging him with her shoulder

"Your family isn't that bad," he laughed at her

"Have you not met Kat? She's kind of a psychotic bitch at times," she joked

"Bex is the same. The morning on the day we first met, she came to my house after one of her one-night stands and threw a tantrum when Kol called her a 'strumpet'"

Elena laughed at this and continued on the sibling bashing, "Katherine tried to seduce Damon before she knew we were together," she blurted out

"And did it work?" he cocked an eyebrow

-----------------

She combed through her hair lightly with her fingers. She leant forward over the sink towards the mirror as she applied her final coat of mascara to her already long eyelashes. She wandered over to her closet, skimming through her choices. Deciding on a purple peplum top and a pair of black skinny jeans, she pulled them on over her underwear. She finished the outfit with her signature heels and leather jacket.

Once she deemed her attire suitable (for her that was) she clambered down the stairs, only stopping to grab her sister's keys from the kitchen table. She really needed her own car. She then set off to town which wasn't very far from where they lived. There wasn't much in Mystic Falls but it was home.

She parked outside the small supermarket and climbed out of the car. Remembering to grab her keys and phone, she headed inside. She strolled around the shop for a few minutes, grabbing what she needed before heading to the check out.

She stopped in her tracks as she took in the check-out operator. He was tall, probably just under 6ft, and had a head of raven locks. His work uniform did nothing to hide the muscles underneath, making them even more apparent through his white work shirt. And his eyes. How could she forget his eyes?! His eyes were a striking shade of blue that she could she where she was standing.

He looked up, probably sensing someone staring at him. He did a double take and looked her up and down before shaking his head, probably to himself, and continuing the work at hand. Katherine suddenly gained her confidence and strutted over to his till, ignoring the practically empty one next to his.