Treize

A stream of light shone through the semi-translucent curtains of the bedroom. Her eyes darted open but closed again due to the bright light. She stretched over in her bed to take a peek at the alarm clock on her bedside table.

8:37 am. What was she doing awake so early? She tried to lull her body back to sleep, rolling over to the opposite side of her bed somehow hitting something hard. It was probably him hogging the bed, again. She mentally rolled her eyes whilst adjusting her sleeping position as she tried to go back to sleep.

After a few antagonising minutes of tossing and turning while trying to decide if it was worth it to get out of bed to use the toilet or not, she rose from the bed. The moment her head rose from the pillow, she was greeted by a pounding headache. "Just great," she thought to herself. The absence of the warm and cozy covers caused goose bumps to arise on her skin. She rubbed her arms trying to get some warmth back in them as she made her way to her bathroom.

After flushing the toilet, she walked over to the sink to wash her hands whilst taking a quick glance at her appearance. Her eyes darted back to the mirror hanging over the sink. This wasn't what she looked like last night. Nope, her once flawless makeup was smudged over her face and there wasn't any sign of last night's curls. Instead, replaced by what appears to only be described as a rat's nest. She inwardly cringed at herself.

She quickly washed her face, patting her face dry with a clean towel. She took another moment to look at her appearance and she looked down at her change of clothes. She was wearing a black button-down shirt that was a few sizes too big on her and a pair of panties. She doesn't remember wearing that last night. In fact, she was almost certain that she left the house in a red dress.

Uh oh. Memories of the night before came back to her. She was at Caroline's hen party and the girls were having fun until Stefan and a few of the boys crashed because Stefan just wanted to see his fiancé one more time to remind her that he loved her. She remembers that at that time she was slightly intoxicated and he offered to buy her another drink so she of course agreed. And...she couldn't remember much more after that. She thinks the boys left but she vaguely recalls meeting up with him again later that night but her thoughts aren't quite clear.

She shook her head, trying to shake away the memories of last night. Nothing happened between them, right? He probably would have stopped anything from happening, wouldn't he? She was sure that he would but her theory was proved incorrect once she re-entered her room.

There he was in all his glory. The duvet just covering the bottom half of his body and therefore leaving the top half shirtless. "He must be wearing trousers of some sort," she thought to herself, "please let him be wearing some form of clothing"

She climbed back into bed as he turned in his sleep, his back now facing her with his behind on full show. She quickly adjusted the covers, trying to hide a bit of his dignity. She closed her eyes trying to forget about what just happened but was pulled into dream world instead.

"Does Hayley have to come?" Caroline whined to her friends, begging them to say 'No'

"Yes, she does," Bonnie informed her, rolling her eyes at her best friend's antics

"But I don't like her"

"You'll say this now but after a couple of drinks, you two will be best friends," Katherine smirked, her gaze meeting Caroline's.

"You're only saying that 'cause she's your friend and you like her," Caroline whined

"She hasn't give us any reason not to like her," Elena interjected, trying to make her friend see some sense but of course Caroline being Caroline didn't share the same beliefs.

"Who's Hayley?" Rebekah asked, trying to make herself part of the conversation.

"She's Tyler's girlfriend," Bonnie answered

"And a total bitch," Caroline mumbled under her breath

She tossed in her sleep as another memory was brought to light.

"What are you guys doing here?" Bonnie's surprised tone caught the attention of the rest of her friends.

"I came to see my fiancé," a slightly tipsy Stefan answered, pushing past her to find her best friend.

"And what's your excuse?" She turned to Damon, her arms crossed with Elena behind her, copying her actions

"Would you believe it if I said 'you'?" He smirked

"Judging by the fact that it's you then...no," she replied, her face filling with his now distant smirk.

"So what's the real reason you're here?"

"I came here to support my brother and make sure he doesn't make too much of a fool of himself or to the Salvatore name. I have a reputation to uphold, you know"

"Look at you. Trying to play the 'big bro' card," Lexi taunted, approaching the duo

"Aw Lexi, what a pleasure it is to see you again," he said, causing Bonnie to snort

"I wish I could say the same," she sneered, "now if you're here to stalk Elena then I suggest you stalk her from afar or you're going to have to deal with me"

"Is that a threat?" he asked her, raising his eyebrow at her

She just shrugged her shoulders and turned her back to him, strutting away while sending a quick wink over her shoulder at him.

"Why is she here again?" he asked to himself

She awoke abruptly from her dream due to the sound of a phone ringing. She could hear him mumble a few words under his breath as he threw the covers off him and moved about the room to locate the phone. She decided to pretend to be asleep to avoid the whole 'morning after' scene so she keep her eyes closed but listened in on his conversation with whoever he was on the phone with.

"What do you want?" he spoke into the phone, his voice still laced with sleep

"What about her?" she could hear the change in his voice as he turned serious

"What do you mean?" he snapped at whoever was on the phone. She thought to herself how lucky she was not to be on the other end of the call.

"I'll be right there," he informed the caller, hanging up and throwing the phone to the floor in frustration.

Then she fell back to a sleep filled with memories of the night before.