Dix

After six antagonizing hours of helping Caroline with all her decorations; everyone gathered in the Mystic Grill. There were quite a lot of them so they took up many of the tables in the Mystic Grill, but it didn’t matter as there weren’t many other people there given that it was only eight o’clock in the evening.

Elena and Klaus sat beside each other with Bonnie opposite them and Caroline and Stefan beside Bonnie. Caroline and Damon were at the bar ordering the drinks for their table; Caroline volunteered and dragged Damon over to talk to him after seeing his discomfort over Klaus and Elena.

 “They look so cute together” Caroline pointed out to an aggravated Damon, referring to Klaus and Elena who were giggling and laughing at some joke Bonnie made.

There was only one thing that the great Damon Salvatore couldn't hide; his jealously. Normally he'd try to get his own back on whoever he was pining over but this was different. This was Elena, his Elena or so he liked to believe. He just wished he hadn't screwed up years ago. 

“Don’t talk. Please” Damon responded, adding the 'please' as an afterthought.

“Don’t be so grumpy, Damon!” she ordered him, slapping him on the arm

“I’m not grumpy. I’m just trying to face reality”

“How so?” she asked, curiously

“They wouldn’t last for long. I’d give it a month or two at most”

“I’d say you’re wrong,” she smirked, walking away carrying one of the trays with the drinks on it.

-----------------------------------------------

After a while of waiting for their order, Elena excused herself to go to the bathroom with Bonnie accompanying her.

“So what’s going on with you and Klaus?” Bonnie asked, wiggling her eyebrows at her friend once they entered the girl’s restrooms.

“Nothing really. It’s kind of like a fling,” Elena said, not sure how to describe their ‘arrangement.’

“It’s just a ‘fling’,” Bonnie mocked her, “This is you Elena, you are not Katherine. You don’t do flings and one-night stands 

“Maybe I do now,” Elena winked, “Maybe it’s time to take a leaf out of Kat’s book”

-----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile

“Does anyone else want any more drinks?” Klaus asked, getting out of his seat. A few people told him what they wanted before Rebekah followed him up to the bar.

“I heard Kol spoke to you about your so-called ‘arrangement’,” Rebekah told her older brother, taking a seat on the bar stool beside where he was standing.

“He did,” Nik replied, bluntly.

“And?” Rebekah smiled reassuringly at her brother, hoping that he’d open up to how he felt about Elena.

“And what?” he asked her, impatiently.

“And do you?”

“Do I what?”

“Do you want this to be more than just another ‘business arrangement’?” she wiggled her perfectly shaped eyebrows at the end.

“No. This is and always will be a strictly professional arrangement,” he replied

“Keep telling yourself that,” she muttered under her breath.

“Just because you were once in the same position as Elena with Alexander -,” he began to rant