Chapter 16- Guilt and heartbreak

*** Hello my loyal readers, here is another chapter for you. Thanks for all your love and support. Comment, vote, and follow. Sending love, MFF.***

Luka felt wretched. He had been desperately trying to get ahold of Marinette these past few weeks, but it has been useless. At first, Luka gave her space to clear her mind of the past events, but it had been far too long. Now all he wanted was to talk to her. Luka wanted to apologize. He never meant to hurt Adrien. He was not even sure why it had even gotten that far. All he knew is that one second he was happy, and the next, he was jealous, pushing Adrien back.

Luka knew he had overreacted, but he was also sure if he hadn't shown up the moment he did, Adrien would have kissed her. She had sworn nothing was going on between them, but he was sure they were about to kiss. During that time, he was not thinking. He just wanted to protect her from the all-time player known as Adrien Agreste. He truly cares about her and does not want to see her get hurt.

Mr. Couffaine paced back and forth in his classroom as he waited for the bell to ring and for students to walk in. He kept trying to think of a way to talk to her without raising more suspicions than he already had. Therefore, he didn't call her out during class, but right now, he felt as if he had no other choice. Marinette had been ignoring him for far too long. During class, she would pretend as if she didn't know him. Oddly so did Adrien. 

He had already tried calling and texting her, but she refused to answer, and it was not like he could walk into her dorm. 

He tried talking to her a few times after class, but Adrien wouldn't let her out of his sight. He wasn't sure what happened after the incident, but both Adrien and Marinette were acting differently. Luka only wanted to know why. That morning he had decided, enough was enough, and he would talk to Marinette no matter what!

He would talk to her today, even if he had to do it in front of the entire school. He needed an explanation. Luka had noticed how close Marinette and Adrien had gotten over the past few weeks, and it hurt. It hurt so much that his heart tore at the sight of the two of them together.

 Luka needed to know what this meant. Did he need to give up on her, or did he still have a chance to fight for her? Was she dating Adrien now? If so, why him? Why the heartless school player, when he was here waiting to give her the love she deserved?

If Marinette said he still had a chance, he would fight like hell to earn her love. But, if she said she loved Adrien, he would not interfere. That didn't mean he would completely give up, but he was willing to wait for her. In the end, all he ever wanted was her happiness, even if it hurt, even if that was Adrien. 

Luka waited for the beautiful bluenette to walk up into class. She had given him no other choice other than the obvious one. He would have to talk to her during class.  He knew it was crazy, but he was desperate, and that was the only way he could talk to her without Adrien in the way. 

Mr. Couffaine continued pacing as he watched one by one the students walk into class. Until, a gorgeous bluenette came into view, and his heart skipped a beat. Luka's face lit up like a pine tree during the Christmas season. A big smile adorned his face as his eyes met hers. A smile that faltered as the entire picture came to view. 

There he was, Adrien Agreste, once again by her side.

 Only this time, his arm was wrapped around the bluenette's shoulders, as hers wrapped around his waist. They held each other close. Closer than they ever had before. In the past times, Luka could tell it was friendly, but not this time.  Marinette leaned on Adrien as he whispered something in her ear and proceeded to kiss the top of her head gently. 

Marinette's skin glowed. The love in her eyes was as clear as day. Luka felt his world stop. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know what had transpired between the two. But even then, he refused to give up. He would still talk to her. He knew this would only destroy him, but he had to hear it from her. He needed to know if she truly loved Adrien.