Chapter 42- Broken promises and new deals

***Hello, my lovelies. I am back. Enjoy the new chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. Sending my love, MMF***  

Adrien took a long time to get to class, feeling completely defeated. He was unable to obtain any sleep once more. After what had transpired with Marinette, how could he? All night long, he repeated the events in his head. He simply couldn't understand how she could make love to him the way she did and then call it a mistake. A fucking mistake?

Adrien's emotions were running high. He was exhausted and sad, but most of all, he was enraged! Why did the universe despise him so much? Why did Marinette hate him so much? Why did she do this to him after he had explained himself and she had claimed she had forgiven him? A mistake?  Really? She should have shot him in the heart. That would have been less painful.

Friends! She wished for them to remain friends. How could he be content with just being friends after everything they've been through? He was in love with her. He wanted nothing more than to marry her. He wanted a future where he hoped to have children with her. She dared to say "friends." Is it possible that Marinette was attempting to break him? If she was, she was certainly doing a fantastic job.

Adrien entered the classroom and raised his eyes to his seat. Marinette, to his luck, was already sitting in her usual seat, just next to his. Adrien let out a sigh. As if that wasn't horrible enough, his love rival and her boyfriend, professor Coufaine, was standing by her side. Adrien's jaw was clenched. He began to wonder if God despised him because this was more torturous than torture.

Even after expressing her love for him, Adrien couldn't believe Marinette had chosen to be with Luka. Was that a joke, or what? Was Luka aware that Marinette was still in love with him, or had she lied to him when she stated she was?

Luka and Adrien locked gazes for a split second, yet it seemed like an eternity to both of them. Adrien's eyes glowed with a fire the professor had never seen before, yet it simply matched Lukas. Luka's dislike for the blonde had grown to equal that of Adrien's. Luka had everything Adrien loved and desired, yet Adrien possessed her body and heart.

The model watched as  Luka's gaze scanned his neck, scrutinizing the marks the blonde proudly carried. The same marks his princess had only given him two nights ago. Luka gave Adrien one last glare before speaking with Marinette and returning to his work, allowing Adrien to proceed to his seat. 

Adrien sat down without acknowledging the presence of the bluenette. Instead, he delved into his backpack, retrieved his books and a pencil, and began reading. At the time, all he wanted to do was divert himself from wanting to look at the girl who had caused him so much anguish.

Marinette was taken aback by the blonde's actions. His acts were excruciatingly hurtful. She expected a greeting or anything from him, but he didn't even look at her. It was as if he had failed to see her.  Marinette wasn't sure what she had in mind, but it wasn't this. He didn't flirt with her or make a clever comment. She got nothing from him. She didn't know why, but she despised it. She desperately needed him to say something, anything.

"Hey," Marinette welcomed Adrien, expecting a response, even a smile, but all Adrien did was look up and give her a small nod before returning his gaze to his book. Marinette's chest constricted. She was quite aware that her actions had harmed Adrien, but she had no intention of doing so. Yes, she may have earned his rage, but why did it affect her so much?

"Adrien, I-" Marinette began, but Luka interrupted her and began the class.

"Class, good morning. Do you have any questions about the previous projects before we start? I'm aware that there was a substitute, but I'm hoping that everyone did their jobs."