Chapter 33- The start of something new

***Hello, my loyal readers. I want to apologize for the long wait. I wished I could have updated sooner but did not have much time, but I have finally brought the new chapter. I hope you like it. Like, comment, and follow. Thanks for the support. Sending love, MMF***

Over the next few days of spam, Luka and Marinette appeared to be becoming closer. They spent almost every second of the day together. They had two unique motives for it, though. Luka only wanted to be closer to Marinette so that he could win her heart. Marinette, on the other hand, did not want to be alone at this time.

Marinette couldn't help but cry at the memory of her ex-lover, or should she say faux boyfriend, on numerous occasions. Luka would often find her crying when she looked at images of the two of them together. Marinette looked through the photos for indications that would reveal how phony her relationship with Adrien was, but she couldn't find any.

Anyone who saw the photos could tell that the way their eyes twinkled as they stared at each other was genuine or how their kisses were far from fake, and that was what hurt Marinette the most. How could she have possibly known? Even Luka would often find himself staring at the picture, asking himself if Adrien's feelings were truly all for the bet or not.

Refusing to feel sorry for Adrien, Luka would ignore the growing sense of guilt in his mind. Whether or not Adrien's sentiments were genuine, he decided to harm Marinette. Adrien had lost his opportunity, and now it was his. Luka was in love with Marinette and wanted her to love him as much as she loved Adrien. Luka would fight for her, he wouldn't harm her as Adrien did, and he wouldn't think of the blonde again. After all, all is fair in love and war. Marinette was the reason Luka was here today.

Luka would wipe her tears, embrace and hold her, and do everything he could to calm her. His top concern was to keep her happy, and he would do whatever it took to do so. Luka had a chance to be with the love of his life, and he was not going to let the ghost of Adrien stand in the way. Therefore attempting to do just that, Luka thought the two could do trying his hardest to keep her mind busy and away from the blonde model.

Luka insisted that the two travel over China and sample their specialties, but this proved to be a challenging chore when they got lost on a few occasions and had no idea how to get back, not to mention that they couldn't converse with anyone. Which Luka found hilarious considering Marinette was half Chinese. They remember unsuccessfully trying to remember the route back to the hotel. It had taken them hours. It didn't help that Marinette didn't have a phone, and Luka had forgotten his. So much for GPS. But if you were to ask them, they would say it was an interesting little adventure and a good laugh throughout it all.

As Luka learned more about Marinette's family, he came up with the idea that they may assist Marinette's uncle with his business in the coming days. That would both greatly help her uncle and keep them occupied. Marinette enthusiastically agreed, thinking it would be wonderful to spend time with her uncle, and the two did just that.

Luka bit his lower lip and fixed his gaze on Marinette.

The bluenette was breathtakingly lovely, such a remarkable woman. His breath was literally taken away by her. It was all simply gorgeous, from the way she smiled to the way she interacted with people, from how polite and helpful she was. Marinette looked so happy with being here, and he loved it. Luka was sure that his plan had worked.

Unfortunately, that was not the case, and helping around the restaurant was gradually tormenting Marinette on the inside. Even though the young designer enjoyed assisting her uncle, this location reminded her of the blonde she adored. Adrien has several memories associated with this establishment.