Chapter 43- The deal- Part 2

***As promised, part 2. I worked super hard to get both parts out today. Hope you like it. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. MMF***

-Flashback-

Adrien was speechless as he looked at Marinette. It had to be some kind of game. Was she attempting to inflict even more pain on him? Why would she offer him anything in exchange for his continued presence? Why would she desire him by her side if she didn't love him? What if he was a blunder? But what if it turned out to be true? He might be reunited with his princess once more. No! That was something he didn't desire. He was adamant about not forcing her to be at his side. He wanted her to make the decision. But did her pleading for him to stay suggests she was still perplexed? Maybe, he still had a chance to earn her love. 

Marinette stood there watching Adrien appear to be having an internal conflict. She needed to persuade him to make the decision quickly. She was unable to separate herself from him. She was adamant about not losing him. 

"Please respond. Would you stay then ?" She inquired one more.

Adrien shook his head and closed his eyes. No! This couldn't carry on indefinitely. He refused to let her continue to hurt him, no matter how much he loved her. Adrien tried not to cry by pressing his lips together. He had to say his goodbyes. He had to get out of there before it was too late. But why couldn't he walk away?

"Marinette, please stop. You can't see how much you're hurting me, can you? Stop toying with my emotions. It's not amusing. I'm sorry, but I have to leave. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Goodbye." Adrien pushed himself to move, although he was hoping she would intervene. He desperately wanted to accept the deal, but he couldn't.

"Adrien, please wait!" Marinette called out, making him stop in his tracks. "I am serious. I would do anything if you stayed. Please," Marinette begged.

Adrien pondered if he really should take the deal or simply walk away. He simply couldn't handle the pain that came along with having her around, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized one thing. He was still and will always be undeniably in love with this girl. There was no way he would have succeeded in walking away from her for good.

"Anything?" he asked, still thinking about it.

"Anything," She repeated.

"What about Luka?"

Marinette shrugged. "Adrien, I am promising to do anything you ask for, and no one will change that. In return, I ask for two things. Your forgiveness and your stay."

"So, anything?" Adrien asked again, still in disbelief.

Marinette gulped, not knowing where he was going with it, but it didn't matter. The reality was she was willing to do anything for him to stay. She nodded and confirmed it once again, "anything."

"O-okay. I- I want-" Adrien hesitated. He couldn't help but wonder if what he was about to do was fair. He knew she was only doing this for him to stay, but part of him wanted to know how far her feelings for him really went. He wondered if she loved him as he did her. This was the only way he could see that, but was it really worth it? The last thing he wanted was for her to sacrifice her happiness for his, but once again, he always believed her happiness could be him.

Making up his mind, Adrien decided to take the deal. Taking a deep breath, he stated his wants and conditions.

"I want a second chance. I am not asking for a relationship. At least not yet. I don't want to force you to date me. But I do want to start from zero," he confessed. Marinette was surprised by his request. She was expecting the worst, but that was not Adrien's plan. Was it?