Chapter 29- Pain and anger

*** Hello, my loyal readers. I am back, and with another chapter to The Bet. I hope you like it. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. That you for the support. Sending love, MMF***

Once again, the call had gone to voicemail. Adrien knew this could only mean one of three things. One, Marinette was in trouble, which he highly doubted it considering she was one tough lady. While she was small, she did not struggle to knock someone on their ass in a heartbeat.

Two, and the most likely answer was that Marinette found out about the truth. Except, it wasn't the truth because the honest truth was astronomically different.

The truth was that Adrien was completely and utterly in love with Marinette. He had been since he was fourteen years old, even before that. He had been in love with the bluenette since the second they met. The truth was that his heart belonged to her and her only. That all these years, the blonde had waited silently for the moment he could be near her once again. Adrien had waited for the second he could finally call her his.

If Adrien had been honest from the start, he would have told his friends the real reason he went through with the bet was not for his reputation or anything of the sort. It was because he wanted to be close without Alya or Nino getting in the way, constantly reminding him that he could never be with her or that she was too good for a no-good player like him.

The bet gave Adrien the push he needed to stop being afraid. It gave him the confidence to walk up to her and actually tell her how he felt, with no jokes, no pretending, and no fears.

The truth was that Adrien had forced himself to believe that it was about the bet, to protect himself from the pain he would feel after Marinette rejected him once and again. He knew she would have, as she had already done before. The blonde figured if he believed it was all about the bet, it would motivate him to push himself farther and not give up. But now, he faced an uglier problem. No one else knew the truth other than him.

Adrien hoped that answer two was not the case. He would not be sure how he could fix this. It was by far one of the worst situations ever. Adrien was sure Marinette would hate him for all eternity. He had plans, hopes, dreams, and all involved her. He couldn't lose her now.

The last choice would be the second worse situation. It could be that during her adventure with Couffaine, Marinette realized that she liked Luka better and decided that she was better off dating him instead. All the choices were horrible, and Adrien knew he was lost. He felt like his heart was being ripped from his chest. For some reason, Adrien felt as if Marinette was hurting this very moment, but why. He hoped that he could get to her in time, no matter what it was.

Adrien couldn't imagine his life without Marinette. No! He wouldn't dare live without her. He did it before, and it almost killed him. Literally! Adrien had attempted against his life two different times. Luckily, Nino had gotten to him both times. It was a secret no one else knew about, and Nino dared not to speak off.

Nino believed that Adrien took drastic choices due to the pressure Gabriel Agreste placed on his friend. The real reason unknown to even him. That reason was Marinette. Both attempts came after Marinette used hateful words towards him.

The first time was after she kicked him out of her house, and the second came shortly after when she decided to tell him she wished she never met him and decided to go to prom with Nathaniel. Being suicidal was not something he was proud of, so instead, he remained silent. He was just thankful Nino had been there to stop him, but Nino wouldn't be there anymore. No one would stop him now.

No! Adrien couldn't think that way. Maybe Marinette was simply running late. Marinette was possibly on her way, and the phone died, so she couldn't let him know. Or maybe, she was going to stay with her parents. What is she did find out? He couldn't wait to find out. He needed to find her. Picking up his keys, Adrien ran out of the dorm in search of his girlfriend.