Chapter 31- Sabine's anger

*** Hello, my loyal readers. Here is another chapter for you. Now, this is just a filler, but it is equally important. I hope you enjoy it. Comment your thoughts below. I hope you like it. Thank you for the support. Sending love, MMF.***

Adrien staggered up to his dorm, fatigued to the point of collapse. His hair was a tangled mess, he had dark shadows under his eyes, and tear streaks were still visible on his cheeks. He and his friends didn't get a single wink of sleep. They were all waiting for updates on the bluenette, but none came.

Alya was concerned that Marinette might act erratically. Nino was worried that she would never forgive them, but he placed a brave face to ease his friend. Adrien, on the other hand, was in complete despair. He was positive he had called her over 400 times the night before. He didn't seem to be able to stop crying. Not even for a fraction of a second. He was terrified. Marinette was someone he didn't want to lose. He would rather die than go through life without her.

As he neared the dorm, Adrien thought back to last night. The green-eyed blonde was truly great-full to have such amazing friends. He had to admit that for a brief moment, he believed they would abandon him to the repercussions of his conduct, but they did not. He knew he wouldn't have been able to deal with it on his alone because the first thing that sprang to him when realizing he'd lost Marinette was to commit suicide.

They did, however, pay attention. Even though all Adrien did was sob, they were there for him the entire night. But that didn't matter to them; they spent the night consoling him and wiping away his tears. They pledged to assist him in repairing the situation, and he had no doubt they would try their best.

Adrien sighed sadly as he once again held back tears. The model had to admit that he was still slightly upset with Nino for talking to Marinette, but he deserved it. If Adrien had been honest from the start, none of this would have happened. He wasn't, however. He was too engrossed in his nonsense to recognize he was sabotaging his destiny, his future. It wasn't Nino's fault. It was his.

He was the one who accepted the bet, he was the one with hidden secrets, and he was the one who kissed Lila out of fear instead of being a man and talking to Marinette. He knew he had to tell Marinette before it was too late, but he was dumb enough to allow fear to silence him, and now, it was too late.

The blonde was dissatisfied with himself as he reflected on the previous occurrences. He was embarrassed. Adrien Agreste was a liar and a hypocrite. Adrien was usually portrayed as a brave superstar with good looks and intelligence, but the reality was different. Marinette was always a source of fear for him. He was initially afraid of his father, and afterward, he was terrified of her rejection. He'd barely managed to handle the previous one, and he doubted he'd be capable of dealing with another. Because of his anxiety, he kept the truth hidden. That fear was the catalyst for his blunder. When it came to Marinette, Adrien had to admit that he was simply ignorant and afraid.

As he approached his door, Adrien closed his eyes and took a hesitant breath. He was hoping to come in and find Marinette waiting for him and eager to hear his explanation, but he knew that would not be the case. Adrien bit his lower lip as he fought back his tears. He was torn apart by the prospect of never being able to be close to Marinette. 

His chest ached with every breath he took, knowing she was hiding from him. Adrien bit his lower lip harder, drawing blood. It causes him agony, but not enough to compensate for the pain in his heart. No way! It's not going to happen. He couldn't imagine his life without her, not now that she had become his. It couldn't just end because they'd become one.

Adrien reached for the doorknob, gasping as he discovered it was unlocked, feeling one last ray of hope race through his veins. There was no doubt in his mind that he had locked it before leaving. So, does that mean what he wished it did?