Chapter 37- Adrien's Chance

***Hello, my loyal readers. I have brought the next, and extra-long chapter of this Adrienette love story. I hope you enjoy it. As always thank you for the support. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. Sending love, MMF***

Marinette paced around the kitchen. She wanted to cry and maybe scream. The bluenette remembered one of her last conversations with the blonde was in the same spot. He had threatened his father for her! Was that even real?

Marinette rubbed her face in frustration. She couldn't believe she'd promised she'd stay. What in the world was she thinking? She certainly wasn't! Adrien always could make her brain shut down. Why did she have to follow her wild heart?

"Damn it!" Marinette cursed under her breath. Ever since her father told her about Adrien's past actions, she couldn't help but think that there was more to the story and she had made a mistake, and that's what terrified her the most. What if she had?

"No! It makes no difference. Adrien deceived me! Marinette, he lied to you! He would have told you the truth about the bet if he loved you." Marinette murmured to herself. She was never going to fall for his lies again. Adrien was a model, basically an actor, who could lie and fake a smile as if it were nothing, and for all she knew, he could be faking his tears. Marinette now had Luka, and Adrien was a memory from her past.

After what seemed like an hour, Adrien walked out of the bathroom to find the dorm almost completely clean and the strong scent of coffee lingering. But that was not what mattered. Only she mattered to him. While taking a shower, he had begun to believe that he was truly insane and had imagined her again. He prayed it was real, and she would be there waiting for him when he finished. He hoped their breakup was a nightmare, a wake-up call letting him that now it was time for the truth, but he knew he was never that lucky.

Marinette appeared at the exact second, holding a cup of coffee and a platter piled high with food. Adrien exhaled deeply, relieved. Marinette was here, and it had all been genuine. She followed through on her promise and waited for him. For a second, he believed maybe it was a dream. But that quickly changed as he noticed the look on her face. He wanted to hit something. He hated himself for not being honest with her earlier. He had to fix this. He needed to let her know how much he loved her. Life is not worth living if she is not there.

"Eat," was all she said as she set the food on the table. Adrien's heart plummeted at the tone of her voice. "I- I'm not hungry," Adrien stated, not taking his eyes off her. The love of his life was standing in front of him after two weeks, and he was afraid if he blinked, she would disappear, and he would lose her again.

Marinette took a deep breath. Why did he have to be so difficult? "Adrien, I know you haven't been eating. That is not okay. You have to eat something."

Adrien shook his head. "I don't want to. I want to talk." Begining to become upset, Marinette slammed her hands on the table. "Damn it, Agreste. I am here for you. I am trying to help you! We had a deal, one that you agreed to. You said you would eat, now do it or so help me God, I will walk out this room, and you will never see me again! Why can't you just eat? Why don't you want to get better?"

"Because you left me! You walked out on me, on us! You ran without so much as letting me explain. I refuse to believe that after all that we have been through, you believed that I could intentionally hurt you. I thought you loved me enough to ask me, but even after you promised me, you still couldn't come to me first? It hurts that you can't see how much I love you."

"Yes, I fucked up, I know that, but I have done my best to show you how much I love you since day one. Whatever I did, was for you because my world has always revolved around you! Don't you think I deserve to be heard, to explain my side? You left me! Abandoned me! I thought I would never see you again. I begged everyone for clues, anything that would tell me where you were, but I got nothing! I wanted to die! I want to die. Because my life without you it's not life! I love you. Can you not see that?" Adrien cried.