Chapter 44- Gifts and Surprises

*** Hello, my loyal readers. I am back. Sorry for the wait. I know I promised an earlier update, but unfortunately, my internet was down for a few days. But I am here with the update. I hope you like it. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. Thank you for the support. Sending love, MMF***

It's been three weeks since the deal, and Adrien is overjoyed. Of course, things were awkward at first, especially during Marinette's first few hours back home, but that soon changed. 

In the beginning, Adrien was taken aback when he saw her being dropped off by her 'loving boyfriend,' or as he preferred to refer to him, 'professor pervert.' He couldn't believe the man still wanted to date her despite the fact that she was giving him the opportunity to fight for her heart. Could he, however, blame him? The bluenette was fantastic.

Truth be told. Adrien felt irritated. The second he saw Luka's face pop up from behind the bluenette, but soon calmed down, remembering he had no other choice but to accept it. At least for a while. After all, he never wanted to force her into an unwanted breakup, and it was his idea to start from scratch.

Adrien remembered messing up many times before, and he refused to allow that to happen again. He had every intention of doing things differently. He would do them right. Adrien was sure his princess still loved him. He just needed to prove to her that her heart would be safe with him.

Adrien looked down and smiled. How could he not? When there was a beautiful bluenette peacefully sleeping in his arms. Adrien bit his lip. God, she was so beautiful. It took great willpower for Adrien to stop himself from kissing her every time she came close, and even more so when she would lay in his arms. It was almost torturous.

Adrien sighed and closed his eyes, attempting to get some sleep. The two had worked on her designs for hours which was exhausting. Not that he minded because it meant he could spend more time by her side.

Adrien sighed again. He was incredibly confused. These past few weeks have made him feel like he was back to being 14. With the past having no effect on his relationship with Marinette. They have become just as close as they used to be. So much so that he was sure they spent more time together than she did with her own boyfriend.

The blonde opened his eyes and smiled as he remembered these past few days. Oh, how amazing they have been. Breakfast each morning and dinner each night and always together. Marinette has even accompanied him to his latest photoshoots and even modeled with him earlier. He has also been helping her with her creations for the boutique, practically together every second of the day.

The best part was that Marinette had not rejected any of his advances. She even flirts back sometimes, making Adrien's heart flip. There are even moments where Adrien believes they can be together any minute now.

How her eyes sparkle when they are alone, or her smile is genuine when he is around, made him believe she still loved him. He felt it as they kissed earlier for the photoshoot. While it was nothing but a peck, it was there. He was sure of it.

Once again, Adrien sighs. That's probably in his imagination. If that were true, then why was she still with Luka? Adrien was not dumb, he knew she had feelings for Luka, and they seemed to be closer than before, but it was not the same connection as she had with him, was it?

Things for Marinette had become more difficult by the minute. She had kept her promise, no matter how hard it was for her. She tries her all to be the best girlfriend to Luka and friend to Adrien, but it has become tougher to keep herself from falling apart.

Each day that passes, she realizes her feeling for Adrien are still present and stronger than ever, but so has her feelings for Luka. By the second week, it was clear to Marinette she would always be in love with Adrien, but Luka had earned a place in her heart, and while it was small, it was present.