Chapter 39- A night to remember

*** Hello, my loyal readers. This message is a WARNING to all. Chapters will now become long and intense. Some chapters might contain sin, others may be confusing, but it will all make sense later. It will now be a rollercoaster of emotions, so beware. Sorry in advance. Sending love, MMF*** 

He could feel her warm breath on his lips. He could smell the scent of her strawberry lip gloss. He was so close. His lady would once again be his.

Marinette watched as Adrien began to lean in. Before she knew it, her eyes closed as his lips looked for hers. They were only centimeters apart, and Marinette had not found the strength to keep herself from also leaning in.

Standing in front of her was the man of her dreams. The one-man she truly loved and had loved since the age of fourteen. The only man in this world that held the power to bring her to her knees and make her heart beat at the speed of light. And the one man that she had given herself to time and time again. Adrien! 

Adrien had just confessed to everything regarding the bet. He had given her his reasons and excuses as to why he had done what he had. He even swore to loving her over and over again. Adrien had managed to say all the right things. The same things she dreamt he would say since the horrifying day when she learned of the bet. It was almost perfect.

Marinette felt as Adrien's lips brushed gently onto hers. That gentle touch made her feel as if millions of butterflies had erupted in her stomach. But that is when it hit her.

She could not do this. It was wrong!

Snapping back to her reality, Marinette moved her head to the side and away from the kiss. Adrien's lips had barely touched her cheek.

"I have a boyfriend," she whispered. Her voice was rough, almost different. It could have been due to the fact that she was attempting to hold the want to cry or simply because she wished she hadn't felt the need to move, but it did.

Adrien felt his world collide. Even though this was not news, and he was already aware of the new relationship between the bluenette and the professor, the pain he felt then did not compare to the ache he felt now, hearing it come from her mouth.

In just seconds, Marinette had managed to plunge a dagger into his heart, cutting deeper than the ocean. Adrien had spent the past week crying and hoping that it had been a rumor and his princess's relationship with Luka did not exist, but it was. And it killed him!

Adrien clenched his shirt right above his heart. The ache he felt at the moment was beyond any other pain he had felt before. He could not understand how Marinette could do something like this to him. Why? How could she move on so quickly? Did he really mean so little to her? Was she doing this to hurt him? Was this payback? No! That couldn't be true. She still loved him. He could see it.

Adrien let go of her and took a step back as if she was on fire and he had burned himself. He needed to look into her eyes. He wanted to find an answer as to why she was hurting him this much.

"Why?" He asked, but Marinette remained silent.

"Why?" He asked again, but this time in anger. He wanted an answer. He needed an answer. But once again, Marinette did not speak, only angering Adrien even more.

"Answer me. God damn it! Why? Why are you with him? I know you still love me. I can see it in your eyes. So please explain to me why the hell you are with him!" He yelled in frustration.

"Adrien, stop," Marinette whimpered.

"No! Marinette, I need to know. You came here to talk. Right? So let's talk. I was honest with you. I told you everything you wanted to know, now I am asking that you do the same. Be honest with me, please," Adrien said as he turned away from her. Seeing her hurt him, especially knowing she was with someone else.