five

janelle's pov!

tw: online hate, name calling, etc

~twitter~

Janelle! | planet.jupiter

i'll be on @/TommyInnit stream in a little while! link

posted 2 hours ago

user156: clout chaser

user730: Ikr she's only popular because of tubbo

user230: so annoying

Marthestar: you're so pretty! (yes, you the reader are gorgeous too)

user439: she so ugly

user782: kys <3

KaylaWasTaken: THATS TOO FAR

roxyluvsfish: wtf reported

TommyInnit: I look better in red then you do

planet.jupiter: you totally do 😁

My cell phone screen reflected the replies from my most recent tweet. My eyes could make out a pattern of words that seemed too harsh for anyone to deserve hearing. It felt like any wall of protection I had cracked and now the hate was flooding into my community without restraint.

Every creator gets hate, and it makes sense that after my recent exposure to so many new fans there would be more people who didn't like me. But this seemed excessive.

The first thing to pull me out of my distressed state was Tommy's gentle voice, calling out my name. I immediately remembered that we were still live, and even now I could not have a moment to myself.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I dusted my voice sweetly in an attempt to cover the shock running through me, "I'm going to log off, but I had fun playing with you all." Everyone's murmur of a response felt empty or numb, and it was a scary contrast to the laughing that was ringing in the call a few minutes before.

I tried to remember that these were only online avatars, and they were complaining about a person they didn't even know. I tried to focus on their blatant jealousy, and the insults were their way of coping with themselves.

But still, everytime my phone lit up with a new notification the hurt resurfaced.

With my thoughts circling like a loop, I opened up Tommy's stream to get my mind away from the toxicity. Hoping to have my ears filled with laughter and light conversation, I was surprised to see Tommy on full face cam while he was ending his stream.

"I don't understand where all of this hate has come from, but I want to be clear that Janelle is pog," I cringe at his word choice but continue to listen, "and anyone who disrespects her is not. She isn't rude, or ugly, or using any of her friends to be famous. Anyone I see harassing her will be blocked and reported." Tommy looked awfully tired while he spoke, and I made a mental note to check on him once this is all over.