twenty eight

tommy pov!

Too soon we were forced off of the Ferris Wheel, a worker quickly ushering us down the steps so it could be filled again with the countless people in line. A smile stayed on my face, my body acted like it was impossible to be anything except happy when I was around Janelle. Seeing the small patterns of pink on her cheeks was the only thing that prevented me from blushing myself. I don't know what I was doing, I couldn't even remember why, but while we sat at the top of the machine, looking out on the world like the King and Queen of it all, my only urge was to get closer to her.

    Janelle, sitting there with the wind lifting her soft brown hair from her shoulders, big brown eyes rimmed with long lashes staring up at me, and a sort of bliss on her face that I've never seen replace her constant worry before. All I could think of was being next to her. Anytime our legs brushed each other in the narrow benches, my heart hammered against my chest.

Then, I pushed the boundary a little farther, moving towards her with the excuse of pissing her off. When I lifted her beyond the railing, scaring the shit out of her while I secretly had my arms a few inches behind her waist so that she was never in any danger at all, I felt her arms lock around my neck. It reminded me of when we were dancing in the kitchen the other night, her laughing and singing while all I could do was watch the beautiful girl in front of me. 

"That was my favorite ride ever."

"Tubbo, the Ferris wheel barely counts as a carnival ride."

I pulled my head out of the clouds, stopping my daydreams and memories once Tubbo and Ranboo approached us. My mind was separated from my fantasies and hopes of perfect reality, and I came back to Earth where a relationship between me and Janelle was impossible. Even if I could get her to give me a chance and convince the most intelligent and gold-hearted girl in the world that I deserved her, what chance did we have? How would it work when we were continents apart?

"Tommy attempted murder on our cart," Janelle said with a glare.

My heart dropped. Janelle looked mad at me, and I couldn't look away from her or think of an apology that would amend my joke. I was terrified that I ruined the best friendship I'd ever had because I couldn't control my emotions.

Until Ranboo started laughing and Tubbo asked questions, and even Janelle's stone face cracked into a grin.

I took a deep breath, failing to feel enough air in my lungs.

It's okay, she was just joking. Janelle doesn't hate me.

"I thought I would do the world a favor." I shrugged, subsequently being smacked on the head by Janelle.

We caught up with the rest of the group, slowly making our way out of the closing carnival. The bright lights contrasted the now dark sky, a result of being at the children's amusement park for far too many hours.

"How was everyone's trip?" Dream asked, thanking the workers on our way out of the big entrance gates.

A chorus of cheers and voices answered him, sharing memories and annoyances with each other. Sapnap kept screaming until he told us all about George spending $40 from Sapnap's wallet only to lose the ring toss every single time. Niki had a collection of stuffed animals that she forced Wilbur and Quakity to hold. Quackity himself kept insisting that one of the ride attendants wouldn't let him on because of his height, to which he threatened to sue the worker and got kicked off of the ride. Unanimously, we all agreed that it was a great day and a fun adventure.

There was a quiet undertone, silent almost but we all heard it, that the England trip was coming to an end.

In a few more days everyone would return home, and it will almost be like we were never together at all.