sixteen

Opening the car door and hoping out, I thanked Wilbur for driving. Although we were all old enough to drive ourselves and could have taken his place, it meant a lot that he chose to join us out today.

Wilbur smiled in response, bidding me a goodnight.

The three boys hopped out behind me, and I wondered how I always managed to be the one leading them places.

Tubbo charged inside of the house, holding the door open for me as I passed him.

Inside, Sapnap was asleep on the big couch.

I sniffled a laugh at the sight of him. If it wasn't for his loud snoring, he'd look quite peaceful.

My eyes shifted away from the texan and towards the two bodies sitting on the carpet. Niki looked up at us first, hearing our footsteps and muffled conversation.

"How was the mall?" She asked softly.

I shuddered, somehow forgetting that we went to the mall at all.

Instead I said, "we got ice cream and walked the beach."

"I'm glad you had fun." Quackity saw the fondness on my face and smiled.

When I got invited to stay in England with everyone, I had told Quackity about how anxious I was to meet so many new people. But that thought process made me feel like a fool now.

The thought that I had been so close to saying no to their offer stunned me. I could have missed all of these experiences, and lost the connections that I had with these people due to my own nerves.

It made me want to laugh.

I shook the thought of it out on my head and centered myself, "me too. You should come next time." I offered him, and he seemed to have considered it.

I turned up the stairs and headed to my room.

Tubbo followed closely behind me, rattling off a list of movies he wanted to watch together. "Oh! Can we watch a Disney musical tonight?"

"That sounds like a blast, but tonight I want to be alone." I chuckled.

I walked through my doorway and turned around, seeing the three boys watching me from the hallway.

Tommy's mouth opened in protest, but Ranboo pushed him away.

Tubbo nodded towards me, "I get it, it can be draining with so much going on here."

I sighed in relief, I was scared that Tubbo would take it the wrong way. It was reassuring to hear that he felt the same way sometimes, and that needing to take a break from everyone's company didn't make me ungrateful.

I hugged him and muttered a goodnight before shutting my door.

Moving over to my bed, I opened my phone and pulled up Twitter. I hadn't been online much since I left for my flight, and I can't imagine people were forgetting about the meet up anytime soon. My timeline was filled with positive and joking tweets, mainly written about the group stream.

Fanart from certain moments of the stream were everywhere, and I loved it.

I saw so many art styles, from so many different accounts.

Most of the posts were of specific groups, like the bench trio and the dream team, but I also saw people drawing their favorite moments where everyone's interactions were included.

Suddenly I wanted to try it, too. I wanted to remember this trip with the best memorizing, and to immortalize it in the same way that so many fans were doing.

I skimmed through the meet up hashtag, seeing people post their favorite clips from it.

The stream was short but something was always happening on screen. I found a screenshot of the height check we all did together. The left half of the screen was filled by Quackity, who was positioned on Sapnap's back to make him taller, with George standing next to them and rolling his eyes. Dream's arm was in the frame too, and he looked like he was reaching for George.

The other half was filled by Ranboo, who was patting WIlbur's head after being declared slightly taller than the brit. Tubbo was staring wide eyed at them while laughing, he was in the middle of turning towards Niki as well. She had her head in her hands like she was crying from the mess that we were, with her dyed hair framing her face.

Finally, the last two people in the picture were Tommy and I. He was standing with an arm laying over my head, and he had calm laughter coating his face. My eyebrows were drawn in annoyance, but I was still smiling brightly at him.

I started drawing the moment onto my tablet, recreating everyone as best as I could.

My art style was simple and childish because I didn't want to spend too much time on it, but I was proud of it anyways. I posted it onto my twitter with the real photo next to it.

~twitter~

janelle! | planet.jupiter

thought i'd participate with my own fanart! my favorite moment from the stream :>

[loading photo] [loading photo]

↳madisonnotfound | user558

THEY ARE SO CUTE

↳!LOVE OR HOST! | user061

the way they look at each other omg 

↳max and rubie | user174

YOUR SO TALENTED! I love your art!!

↳OBX season 2 | user932

This is lowkey confirmation right??

I turned off my phone, but a smile still played on my face. I let the entire day come back to me, instead of fighting the memory of the store or trying to distract myself.

What would I have done if Tommy wasn't there?

I knew I could have taken care of myself if I really needed to, but I was so grateful that I didn't have to. It was stressful enough for me to watch as Tommy scared that boy off, and to let him pull me away. I don't think I could have stayed calm like he did while fighting off his own anger.

God, he was so mad.

And when we had finally walked away from the store, his voice and eyes had softened for me.

Right now I could imagine him in his room, hunched over his desk worried about me, instead of focusing on his editing software, which was undoubtedly opened on a new video from his laptop.

And instead of the billions of other topics that I should be focused on, instead of the questions and plans that should be occupying my mind right now, I was thinking about him.

I don't think I'd like it any other way.

_______________________

authors note: hey lol... im traveling with my family right now and besides being busy, the wifi is just awful. but i promise to update more. I might redo this chapter, since it was mainly a filler and I don't love it, but right now I feel like it's nice.

goodnight/day/afternoon everyone!