twenty one

"Okay, it's recording." Dream said and stepped backwards.

"PUSSY!" Sapanp yelled, making me laugh.

"Shut up!" George spoke with a heavy British accent, "let's just start the video."

I get pulled into place so that Dream can do his introductions and explain what we are doing. The concept needed a face cam, but since Dream is taller than us we just positioned the camera so it framed slightly below his neck. So instead of facial expressions, he spoke with his hands to keep the viewers attention.

"In this video, we coded it so that our game is controlled by a wii remote. We are using controls we are not used to, and missing a few of the important keys."

"Can we beat minecraft? You're about to find out." I interrupted him, excited to be featured on his channel.

Dream grinned out of frame and then loaded up the world.

Immediately we struggled to learn the controls. I used the cross arrows to painstakingly look around the world as the boys began to move.

"Why did we agree to this?" Sapnap cried.

"Cause Dream wanted to one up techno." I snorted.

"A wii remote is considerably more impressive than a steering wheel." Dream huffed, earning a doubtful snicker from me and Sapnap.

We walked towards a village slowly before we figured out how to sprint, and from there George tried to explain how the code worked. Sapnap killed every animal possible, claiming that we needed food rather than blaming his murderous tendencies.

I raced Dream to the blacksmith's chest, but I had resorted to kicking him in the shin in order to beat him to the loot.

The four of us continued to play the game, George and Dream getting the hang of it surprisingly fast. I died countless times when we went caving while Sapnap ran off on his own, wanting to speedrun the game. Dream threw George a diamond, only to watch as it was dropped into lava.

We got to the nether and I was terrified. In any normal game, I can barely get twenty blocks from the portal before dying to piglins, and now I have to use a remote I don't understand.

"Watch this..." George muttered.

I turned my character to watch as he tried to speed bridge.

"Don't! You're going to f- oh there he goes." Dream groaned.

We all watched silently as George fell off of his bridge. Luckily, he caught himself on the ground below us but even now he was on low health.

Sapnap laughed, "if you died we would have left you."

Dream punched sapnap off of his block.

"DUDE!" He yelped.

"You're all going to kill each other!"

"I wish we could," George mumbled back to me.

"Oh you don't mean that, georgie-poo!" Sapnap chased him.

We stumbled upon the nether fortress, quickly splitting apart to find the blazes. Dream found diamonds in a chest and crafted an axe and a shovel, smacking us with it.

While we waited for blazes to spawn I teased the boys on the unofficial height check.

Sapnap hated being the shortest, so he drew attention to the dreamnotfound content happening...

"Aww look at how itsy bitsy george looks next to dream."

He rolled his eyes as Dream laughed, "it's like a good foot of distance between us."

He shoved him away by his chest, his face pink from the attention. Dream was playing it off well with confidence for the camera, but in person his reaction mirrored George's.

"I can't wait to see screenshots of this on twitter." I laughed.

"Yeah, are you going to draw us like you and Tommy?" George snapped back.

My eyes shot up at him.

"I- let's just get back to the game."

We raced out of the nether fortress, and on our way back I tried to bow Dream off of his unnecessary parkour, but hit a pigman instead. They almost left me behind, terrified by the angry mobs, before digging a way to the portal for us to run by.

We entered the over world.

Our portal was on a mountain and we wanted to save time by using tricks.

"Watch me mlg!" I smiled confidently, holding a water bucket as I jumped off of the cliff.

Dream followed after me in a boat.

Sapnap tried to jump into Dream's boat once he landed, but he didn't even hit the ground close to it.

Once we reached the end, they left me to shoot down the towers while everyone else climbed up them. Dream dramatically stood by me, pretending to guard me from passive endermen.

"I'm going to get the final shot!" George giggled, seeing the dragon drop health.

"No, let me kill it!" I begged.

I shot my arrow and watched silently as the dragon exploded into green and yellow orbs.

"We did it!" They hollered.

We threw down our wii remotes, and I was beyond relieved that I'd never have to do that again.

I high fived them all enthusiastically.

"I can't believe that worked." Sapnap collapsed onto the floor.

"That's actually crazy, this was one of the hardest challenges I've done." Dream chuckled.

"I'm so proud of myself!" I smiled brightly.

"That was one of the most fun videos I've filmed, and I'm sure my fans will love it too." Dream turned to me after stopping his recording.

The reassurance felt like a soft weight lifted off my chest.

I never wanted them to feel obligated to invite me to videos. The confirmation that I wasn't invading their normal group and that the fans would enjoy my presence meant a lot.

Sapnap yawned, "god, that took forever."

"Yeah we should go to bed, especially with what Wilbur has planned for later." George sighed.

I stared at him, with eyebrows drawn in confusion.

"He didn't tell you?" His face mirrored mine.

Dream smirked, realizing I was clueless.

"We're going to the carnival."

____________________

author's note: AHHHHH THE BOOK IS ACTUALLY ALMOST OVER

also i realize like every tommy innit fanfic has a carnival but thats too bad.

ik every writer has been saying that with school starting the updates will be slower, but i'm taking an unscheduled class so basically i have to be at school for two hours with nothing to do. so you'll probably see more of me soon!!

take care good night <3