nine

tommy pov!

Janelle pulled herself out of the car, shoving Ranboo away as he teased her about something I couldn't hear. She had her dark brown hair pulled into a loose braid that ran over her shoulder, and she was dressed comfortably for the long airplane ride. I had never seen a brighter smile, and I couldn't describe it as anything but perfect. She was perfect.

I studied her features with a puzzled look, why was she here?

She finally looked away from the car and at the group standing in front of the house, suddenly noticing my presence. Her mouth formed into a wide and baffled smile as she raced across the short distance between us.

Her arms laced around my neck while my hands fell by her waist. We had never seen each other in person before, but everything about this felt right. To my amusement, she had been standing on her tippy-toes in order to reach me, and was forced to tilt her head backwards slightly so that her chin could lay on my shoulder properly.

"Jesus you're short." I snorted, seeing as she's a whole head lower than I am.

She rolled her eyes, but she couldn't fight the smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Wilbur told me weren't coming?" From the corner of my eyes I saw Niki nudge Wilbur lightly with her elbow, discreetly pointing at us.

"You know, we're all still here, right?" Tubbo shouted from behind Janelle.

Instantly we pulled apart, my face beat red. "Piss off you dick." I stumbled out a flustered response to Tubbo.

Janelle laughed at the situation, sending me a pleased look before she walked towards everyone else for their greetings. I was left in my flushed state, still reeling over... whatever connection we just had. I had to calm my breathing and run a hand through my hair, while she had already moved on. Telling a story about her flight to Wilbur, acting like nothing had happened.

janelle pov!

My stomach was doing cartwheels as I walked away from Tommy.

I had no idea what happened, or how we seemed to have gotten lost with each other. When I saw Tommy standing there, I was shocked and overjoyed, but I was just happy because he's one of my best friends.

I was expecting surprises and pleased faces when we pulled into the driveway. What I wasn't expecting was the dramatic hug, and the butterflies, and the feeling of Tommy's hands around my waist.

Everything had happened so quickly and I didnt know what to make of it.

The last thing I wanted to do was make Tommy uncomfortable over whatever I was feeling, or ruin everyone's vacation by making it awkward.

Choosing to ignore the situation, I stepped away from Tommy and walked towards Wilbur. I hoped that my face didn't betray my thoughts, and that my blush had already disappeared.

"Hi, thank you for inviting me." I said gratefully before he pulled me into a hug.

"Of course! I'm glad you're here." He told me genuinely.

"JANELLE mi hermana!" Quackity threw himself at me. 

I had to hold back my tears. 

"God, actually seeing you is unbelievable." My voice was muddled by Quackity's shoulder. Quackity had always been there for me throughout the past years, having him right in front of me felt like a dream.