seven

I slowly blinked my eyes open, waking up to a soft humming noise. I sat up straight, feeling the consequences of sleeping with a hunched back and a crooked neck.

"Oh, goodmorning." Tommy murmured quietly.

"Morning." I yawned, trying to figure out how I managed to fall asleep at my desk. Tommy kept typing on the other side of the discord call, and it finally clicked in my head that he never hung up our call from last night. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just responding to some emails," he looked away from his work and paused while he stared at me through the computer. "You look really pretty in the morning." He smirked.

My eyes widened, registering what he said. Certainly he was being sarcastic, seeing as my hair looked wild and my eyes were half drowsy from sleep, but logic didn't prevent my heart from stalling at his words.

I rolled my eyes to hide the pink on my cheeks, "I'm going to go make food, talk to you later?"

He nodded and smiled as I disconnected from the call.

I ran down my hallway, skidding to a stop before I hit the dining room table. Without even thinking, I started to open drawers and pull out my utensils. Pouring a bowl of cereal for myself, I hear my mom step into the room.

"Good morning, mama," she kissed my forehead as she walked by me, "do you want some cereal?" Even though she would never eat Lucky Charms, it felt important to offer.

"I'm good," her sweet smile was replaced by a knowing grin, "who was the boy you were talking to all night?" 

Flustered, I told her the truth, "A friend... sorry I was so loud, I didn't realize."

She gave me a genuine, caring smile as she grabbed her work bag from the counter, "Don't apologize, I like hearing you happy." She waved goodbye as she left the house for work. Even after she was out of my sight, driving her car down the driveway, I kept thinking about the meaning in her words. Tommy did make me happy, more than I had even realized.

Dragging me out of my thoughts, I groaned at the irritating dinging form my phone. 

~discord~

Bath tub

Hey

Hey

Hey

Join out vc

pluto

why?

Bath tub

Becose we need to tell you somthing

I walked into my room, wondering why Tubbo was so vague about this conversation. He had called me suddenly before, wanting to rant about the DreamSMP or his school work, but he had never used such cold words. I set my bowl down on my desk as I found the voice channel that Tubbo was in. There were a lot more accounts in the voice channel than I was expecting, and with one final sigh, I joined them.

It took a second for my audio to clear up, and I heard the exact moment that the countless voices paused their conversation, surprised by me joining the call.

"uh, hello?" I questioned awkwardly, "Tubbo, why am I here?"

"Janelle!" I smiled fondly at Niki's voice, being comforted by her cheerfulness.

"Hi, to get to the point," an American voice interrupted my greetings, and I recognized it as Dream, "would you like to meet up with us?"

I paused, this conversation was not at all what I was expecting. "Well, yeah of course." I said with an obvious tone. Some of my favorite people were in this vc, and although I hadn't been thinking about visiting them before, it was definitely something I wanted to do eventually.

"How about this month?" Ranboo laughed, waiting for me to understand their proposal.

"Are you serious?" I almost yelled.

Quackity laughed, entertained by my realization. 

"Only if you are comfortable with it, of course, and we could call your parents so they know who we are. It would be in an AirB&B by Brighton, and I could even pay for your plane ticket." Wilbur told me, and he sounded like he has said this countless times already to everyone else.

"No, no I can buy my own ticket, this is so amazing." I insisted, barely able to hold in my happiness. "My mom trusts me, and she would be fine with me visiting you all. But still, she would feel a lot safer after meeting you." I agreed with Wilbur, and out of excitement I rambled a plan for Wilbur and my mom to meet each other. 

Suddenly I paused, noticing that one person was missing from the call, "wait is Tommy not coming?"

The call fell silent as I waited for an explanation.

"We hope so," Niki quickly supplied, "but he will be arriving a while after we do, if he does at all."

I stayed quiet. I was beyond grateful for the opportunity to see the people I considered my closest friends, but I couldn't help the disappointment rising in my chest. 

"Would you mind not telling him that you're coming?" Wilbur asked me.

"Oh, sure. Why's that?" I agreed, confused.

"He was begging us to invite you earlier, and if he ends up not being able to join us he would be so disappointed." He reasoned with me.

I nodded in response, making a mental note to think about what that means later. 

I allowed the ridiculousness of the situation to settle in. I had never even let my mind imagine me being near the others in person before, let alone living with them. I slowly accepted that I might not be able to see Tommy, but I am still going to enjoy my time with everyone else. In just a few weeks, I'll be in a whole different country.

I felt a grin spread across my face, "I guess I'll see you all in England."  

_______________________

authors note: THEY'RE FINALLY MEETING UP!! a very dialogue heavy chapter but I hope you enjoyed 

dont forget to take your meds, eat food, and drink water <3