twenty two

third person pov!

1.8K READS THANK YOU SO MUCH

Tommy laid on his bed, struggling to keep his eyes on his screen. He was writing out video ideas for the next few weeks since he was busy the past week. Exhaustion had been slowing him down, but he felt like sleeping would be a waste of time.

Quietly, he heard a hesitant thump on the door, and then some quick shuffling.

After debating the odds of it being a murder, he stepped towards the door cautiously. The only sound on the other side of the door was some soft movements, and Tommy wasn't even surprised at what he saw when he opened the door.

Janelle was standing in the hallway, reaching for the handle of her door in a rush. She let out a quiet curse as she heard Tommy behind her.

Slowly she turned around, sucking in air through her teeth in embarrassment.

"Hey." She greeted awkwardly.

Janelle's hair was slightly tangled from the full day, but it was pulled back into a braid so she could sleep comfortably. Her eyes seemed bright and lively, absent of the tired look that Tommy's eyes had.

He had a feeling that she had been by the door for a while.

"Hey?" He questioned before Janelle quickly started talking.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up or stand by your door but I haven't been able to sleep and you're always awake late anyways-" she flushed.

Tommy gently set his hand on her arm to stop her from rambling.

"Want to stay in my room until you can fall asleep?"

Tommy's boldness had surprised them both, but somehow he knew he had said the right thing.

Janelle smiled and nodded, following him into the room.

The room was slightly messy, not in a totally embarrassing way, but it felt completely "Tommy" to her. With his clothes in open draws, a pillow on the floor that he never bothered to pick up, and his window shutters open so the moonlight could flow into the room. Yet, of course, his desk was clean.

Janelle snorted, "you brought your diamond play button?"

"Of course, I had to remind people." 

Tommy pulled her away from his desk before she started touching everything.

She loved looking at all his items, it was an odd way to see what he valued and liked. She tried to find familiar objects, like a gifted pen from Tubbo or the souvenir she had bought him by the beach, but she also liked to see the ones that had stories she didn't know of yet.

Tommy moved onto his bed, sitting against the wall, while Janelle jumped onto the end of the bed. 

She sighed, "your bed's actually so much comfier."

"It's cause I make more money."

She rolled her eyes and laughed, "shut up."

After their bickering settled down they didn't talk for a while.

Janelle continued to stare at the ceiling, looking like she was deep in her thoughts.

Tommy continued to watch her, trying to memorize every part of her face and then some. Once he realized that he was staring, he broke the silence.