eight

I folded my clothes and laid them down in my luggage, ignoring the fact that I already went through this process multiple times earlier. Although I had my bags packed and prepared a week beforehand, I kept reorganizing the contents of what I was bringing, and in turn re-thinking my clothes.

What if it's too cold? Do I need more shoes? What if we go somewhere formal?

I banged my head on my dresser's drawer as my mom walked into my room. "Mija, what are you doing?" She said exasperated.

"I'm stressed about this flight." And everything else about my visit to England, but I don't want to tell her that. I know any fears I have about my friends are illogical, but that doesn't calm my nerves. I pushed my messy pile of clothes away from me in shame.

"That's too bad, Wilbur was a very handsome man." I snapped my head up, seeing her giggle to herself. She was referencing when her and Wilbur called in order to explain the trip, and my mom couldn't keep her comments to herself.

"No, I'm still excited to go..." I ignored her comment.

"But?"

"It's just scary. What if they're all different from online, and then don't like me?"

She rolled her eyes, smacking the back of my head. "Of course they are going to like you!"

"Ouch!"

"They wouldn't have invited you to live with them unless they loved you already, they are some of your best friends," she reasoned with me, "Now get ready. You only have a few more hours before we leave for the airport."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be done soon." I promised.

She muttered to herself as she walked out of my room."Scared to go see some beautiful british boys... estás loca!" (you're crazy!)

time skip cause im lazy :]

The boarding went by quickly, and sooner than I would have liked I was sitting on the airplane. I made sure to text Niki before my plane took off, letting her know when my estimated time of arrival was. I stared out my window and tried to count all of the other planes on the runway to keep me distracted.

Suddenly, I felt the weight of my seat shift and I turned around to see a girl sitting in the aisle seat of my row. She looked a few years younger than I was, and I smiled at her before turning away.

I closed my eyes as the plane started to lift off the ground, and I waited until the turbulence stopped before I opened my eyes again. I tried to read a book, opening up one I was meant to finish for school, but after restarting the same page a few times I gave up.

I looked at the girl sitting next to me and noticed that she had her laptop open.

She smiled at her screen, watching as it played an older video from Wilbur Soot's youtube channel. A video titled Who can fall the most blocks in one hour?, and I watched in silence as Wilbur explained the point of the video. Since the girl had her headphones in I couldn't hear the video, but I felt a smile on my face every time I saw Wilbur laughing at something.

"Do you want an earbud?" A soft voice offered me.

"Oh, yeah if you wouldn't mind." I thanked her as she unpaused the video.

"I'm going to spoil this girl." Tommy said as he threw netherite armor on the ground.

"Tommy, that's definitely not fair!"

"No, no it's fine."

"I'm going to have to kill her." Wilbur sighed, pouring lava on the unlucky girl.