Chapter Two

Lorena's POV
My whole body felt like it was on fire. There was something in my veins and it was burning me. I tried to open my eyes, tried to tell someone, anyone, to please make the burning stop. I couldn't open my eyes, I couldn't do anything but lay there. I screamed and felt someone grab my hand.

"Shh baby girl, shh. It's okay, it'll all be over soon and then you can be with us forever." An angelic voice said.

I'd know that voice anywhere, even if I couldn't think straight right now from all the pain. Then, it hit me. I had been bitten and the change was taking place, that's why my body burned. I was excited, but I was also scared at the same time. I'd seen my sister go through the transformation and she looked horrible at first until her body healed itself and indescribable beauty took over. I knew it would hurt and even though I was accustomed to pain because of my lung cancer, I still didn't like it. I'm not a fucking masochist. Not like Edward.

I gave in to the pain and slowly let it take over my entire body as I fell into unconsciousness again.

Carlisle's POV
It's been three days and today is the day Lorena will wake up. We faced the Volturi and they let us live, much to Caius's dismay. The only person that died was Irina. Lorena's been moving around, but she hasn't woken up yet.

She's started to look healthier. Her purple hair changed to it's natural hair color. It's chocolate brown, the same color as Bella's. Her skin was no longer sickly pale and yellow. It was now a pristine white and was beautiful. Her lips which had once been chapped were full and heart-shaped. Any man or woman would be lucky to kiss her. Her whole body was enhanced and her features, which were beautiful before, was even more beautiful. She was once a beautiful teenage human girl, now she was a beautiful teenage immortal vampire.

I went upstairs to Lorena's bedroom to check on her and saw that she had woken up and was slowly sitting up in bed. I slowly walked over to her just in case I accidentally scared her.

"Hey baby girl. How are you feeling?" I said softly.

Her eyes were bright red and I could see how thirsty she was.

"I can see and hear everything so much clearer now. My chest doesn't hurt anymore." Lorena replied. Then, she gripped her throat. "God! It burns!" She growled out.

"I know baby girl. You need to feed. Do you want me to take you hunting or Esme?" I said, watching her to make sure she didn't try to bolt.

There were still a couple of vampires downstairs who hadn't left yet and I didn't want her to get startled.

"C-can you and E-Esme both t-take me h-hunting please?" Lorena managed to choke out.

I thought it over for a few seconds. Edward, Bella, and Renesmee had gone back to the cottage. Esme was washing dishes in the kitchen that had been left by the wolves. Alice and Jasper were in their room doing God knows what, I really didn't want to consider the possibilities. Sometimes, Alice and Jasper are worse than Rosalie and Emmett. Speaking of Rose and Emmett, they had gone to Niagara Falls after everything that happened with Nessie just to get a break. It should be okay if Esme and I take Lorena hunting. We'll only be gone a few hours at the most.

"Of course baby girl. Get changed out of that dress Alice put you in and we'll go. That dress is nice and even though we have more than enough money, I still don't want it getting torn. I'll tell the others that you're awake and that we're going hunting."