Chapter Six

Lorena's POV
A couple of days have gone by since Major Whitlock showed up in Jasper and I'm not stupid. Major Whitlock only shows up when something's wrong or if something isn't quite right. I know something's up, but nobody will tell me. I was sitting in the living room, watching Renesmee for my sister while her and Edward went hunting. Carlisle was at work, Esmè was in her garden out back, pulling weeds and tending to her flowers. Alice, Jasper, Rose, and Emmett had gone hunting too. The wolves stayed down on the Quileute Reservation today. I'm not entirely sure where Vladimir and Stefan were, I think they were outside somewhere.

Vlad's been acting strange around me lately, almost as if he feels ashamed or guilty to be around me. Stefan's been acting strange around me too, and around Vladimir. Stefan's been keeping his distance from both of us. I was worried about Vladimir and Stefan, mainly because of their behavior, but also because I knew that their lifestyle, the way they chose to feed and survive, couldn't be easy. I wasn't sure what they did with the bodies when they were done draining them, but I was sure that I didn't want to know. Renesmee looked up at me from her Barbie dolls and said, "Aunt Lorena?"

I looked at her from over the edge of my book and replied, "Yes, honey?"

"Why are Vladimir and Stefan acting so strangely as of late? They don't seem to feel comfortable around you anymore." Nessie asked, looking up at me with large brown innocent, curious orbs.

I sighed, "I don't know sweetie, I just don't know."

At that moment, Jasper walked into the living room and looked sad, as if something very unpleasant or dreadful had happened and he didn't know how to relay the information to me in a way that wouldn't upset me or stress me too much.

"Lorena, a word in my study please? It's about Vladimir and Stefan." Jasper said quietly, solemnly. I didn't nod or say anything in reply, I just got up and followed Jasper upstairs. He shut the door to his study and stood facing the window, his hands folded behind his back and standing up straight as usual.

"What is this about, Jas? Why did you ask me to follow you here?" I asked.

"Lorena, please sit down. It might be easier to take the news that way." Jasper replied, sitting in the leather desk chair at his desk as I took a seat opposite him.

"Okay, now you're just scaring me Jas. What the hell happened?" I said as I sat down.

"Several days ago, while you were napping, Carlisle and I went to the grocery store to buy more food and stock up for the wolves. When we got back, we heard a scream coming from the woods, Vladimir's scream. At first, we thought he was in some sort of trouble and required assistance, but then several loud moans came from the same direction, it was Vladimir moaning. After seeing that Stefan wasn't anywhere to be seen either, it didn't take Carlisle and I long to piece together what was happening. Lorena, Vladimir slept with Stefan that day, he was cheating on you, that's why the Major was out that day, to put Vladimir and Stefan in their places for being out of line, way out of line. Lorena, darlin', I am so sorry, but you deserve to know." Jasper said in a very sad tone.

I sat still for several minutes, not doing anything while Jasper carefully watched me to see my reaction as I processed what he had just told me. Of course, my first immediate reaction to this information was that Jasper was lying to me because he had never liked Vladimir or Stefan, had never truly given them a chance or anything, and I became very angry.

I jumped up out of my seat and slammed my hands down on his desk, Jasper didn't flinch as I began yelling, keeping a very calm and sympathetic face the whole time.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Jasper! Don't fucking lie to me like that, straight to me face! What the hell's the matter with you that you would even say that, even think it!? Vladimir and Stefan are friends, nothing else beyond that, and Vladimir loves me! We're true mates Goddammit and I don't care if you like it or approve of it or not because that's just the way things are! Don't lie to me Jasper, don't you fucking dare lie to me like that ever again!" I shouted as I stormed out of his study and slammed the door shut behind me with enough force that the wood actually splintered. I was so mad at Jasper that I was actually crying tears of frustration and anger.

I mean, come on now, how could he possibly do that!? Lie straight to me face!? I think not! How fucking dare he!? Vlad and Stef would never do that, ever! They're so straight that it's not even real to me sometimes. As I got back down to the living room and outside, Emmett pulled me into a hug.

"Jasper isn't lying to you, little sis, we all heard them that day. Me, Rose, Jasper, Carlisle, Esmè, Alice, Jacob, Seth, Quil, Embry, Bella, all of us. It wasn't just Jas, it was everyone. Lorena, Vlad cheated. I'm sorry." Emmett said as he hugged me.

Suddenly, Vlad and Stefan's behavior for the last couple of days made sense. The distancing, the acting guilty and ashamed, all of it. As the realization finally clicked in my mind and sunk in, I buried my face in Emmett's chest and began to cry as feelings of hurt, anger, and betrayal overcame me.

"Shh, I know, I know, I know it hurts Reyna. Shh, shh, shh, don't cry little sis, no man is ever worth crying over. We're here, your family is here for you." Emmett said softly and soothingly, holding me tight as I sobbed.

I could sense Vladimir close by and I ripped myself away from Emmett. I was still in love with Vladimir, that fact was undeniable and something that couldn't be helped, but that didn't mean that I didn't rightly deserve to be pissed. I started using my powers to hurl heavy rocks and logs at Vladimir, my emotions making me stronger and stronger.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Lorena, stop! What the fuck did I do to deserve this!?" Vladimir exclaimed, dodging out of the way and blocking as best he could.

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, YOU DRACULA WANNABE! YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH STEFAN, YOU FUCKED HIM BEHIND MY BACK YOU ASSHOLE! THAT'S WHAT YOU DID! HOW FUCKING COULD YOU!? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! YOU DESPICABLE, INTOLERABLE, INSUFFERABLE, EGOTISTICAL, BUMBLING BLOCKHEAD NEANDERTHAL BITCH ASS IGNORAMUS!" I screamed at him, using the first words that came to mind.

Vladimir only stared at me, hands up in surrender, as he started to slowly back away. I had gotten so mad that my usually dark gold eyes had turned bright red, I had my fists balled up at my sides. I could feel my hands vibrating and when I looked down at them, they were swirling with electricity like thunder bolts, I could actually see the electricity coming out of  and surrounding my hands. I slowly moved my hands out in front of me and created a ball of pure blue electricity. I was about to throw it at Vladimir, but Carlisle pulled up in the driveway that very moment and pinned my arms behind my back.

"Lorena, no! You need to calm down before you hurt someone or yourself. Calm down baby girl, calm down." Carlisle said, trying to turn me around to hug me. I struggled in his grip, I couldn't calm down, I needed to make Vladimir pay.

I let out a scream that was so powerful, the ground began to tremble beneath our feet.

"Whoa!" Emmett exclaimed in surprise, losing his balance. I felt an even stronger wave of heartache and sadness and depression wash over me and I went limp in Carlisle's grip. I buried my head in his chest and sobbed, gripping his shirt. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.

"Shh, it's alright Lorena, it's all going to be fine." He said to me, then I heard him start talking to Vladimir.

"Vladimir, I think it would be best for you to leave and find other lodgings. Lorena needs to heal, she's in a lot of emotional and mental anguish right now and it's not safe for either one of you to be around." Carlisle spoke.

"I'll get Stefan and we'll leave tonight. Lorena, I'm so sorry, I never meant for any of this to happen." Vladimir replied, sounding so hurt, but I didn't care. My pain was worse. He's supposed to be my true mate and he goes and cheats on me. Stefan was supposed to be my friend. What the fuck? I guess you really can't trust anyone in this world, everyone betrays you eventually and emotions are nothing but weakness. I made my resolution at that moment to harden my heart, swallow my tears, and never let anyone get close to me again and to never get close to anyone again. I kept that resolution as Vladimir and Stefan left later that night.

I wasn't ever gonna let anyone hurt me again, ever.