Chapter Eighteen

Esme's POV
I watched as Carlisle fixed the girl up, cleaning her up and stitching the tearing between her legs. He had gotten all the blood off of her and it was nice to enjoy her scent without the coppery scent mixed into it. I was holding the baby girl in my arms, she had fallen asleep a little while ago and I couldn't bear to put her down.

"There, I think that should do it." Carlisle turned to me, smiling. I smiled back, a chuckle tugging at my lips.

"What are you smiling about, Carlisle?" I asked, shifting the baby in my arms to make her more comfortable.

"You, with a baby in your arms, cradling her against your chest as she sleeps. It just looks so right." Carlisle replied, coming over and pecking me on the lips. It turned into a fullblown kiss as I held the infant between us.

We pulled apart, turning our attention to the girl on the bed as she started shifting around, waking up. In an instant, Carlisle was by her side.

"Wh-Where am I?" The girl asked and I could sense the fear and panic rising up in her as she looked about ready to take her daughter and flee.

"Shh, it's alright honey. You're safe here with us, we won't hurt you." Carlisle said softly, stroking his hand through her hair.

As she came around a little more, I could see the mating bond beginning to form in her eyes.

"Where's here?" She asked quietly, distrustingly. I didn't blame her, she was in a new place with people she didn't know.

"My home, on the edge of Forks. The woods are right behind the house. Do you remember how you ended up in the woods, honey, how you gave birth to a baby girl?" Carlisle replied and I could see the gears turning in her head.

All of a sudden, she grabbed her temples as I'm guessing they began to throb. She started massaging her temples and my suspicions were confirmed. Carlisle sat next to her on the bed and gently brushed her hair out of her face with a cautious hand.

"That would be the concussion, honey." Carlisle said gently.

"What concussion?" She asked in a voice that was just barely a whisper.

"The concussion you must've sustained in the woods." Carlisle replied.

"What is your name? Where do you come from?" I asked, shifting the infant in my arms again.

"I go by Silvie, but I am known by many different names. You see, I know you are not mortal for I am not mortal either, at least not completely. I am a half-blood, half-mortal half-goddess. I don't really come from anywhere, but I have been around far longer than the vampires have existed." She, Silvie, replied.

I was baffled, but not necessarily surprised. In a world like ours, anything was possible.

"Who are your parents?" Carlisle asked curiously and it was then that I remembered he had studied the Ancient Texts with the Volturi when he lived with them, so of course he would know more about it than I do.

"The Goddess Aphrodite and a mortal man I never knew the name of." Silvie said, sitting up in the bed as she groaned "Damn it. The bruises, the cracked ribs I can feel, and the tearing will heal up on it's own in a few hours, but a concussion is going to take several days to heal. Head wounds always tend to take longer for my advanced healing to set in, it's the only downfall of being half-mortal."

"I'm sure. Is your daughter a half-blood as well?" I asked.

She then turned her attention to the sleeping baby girl and smiled softly, "She's something far more special than me. She's very special, a precious gift, very beautiful but yet so dangerous."