Chapter Nine

Alice's POV
Carlisle and Esmè are going out of their minds with worry and fear. This isn't like Lorena to just take off and not tell anyone where she's going. 5 days have passed, 5 days and 120 hours since Esmè went to check on Lorena only to find the bedroom door hanging wide open, the window the whole way up, the curtains blowing in the wind, and no Lorena.

I've been trying to tune into her energy, to try and see her future to figure out where she is so that we can bring her home. She's so heartbroken and unstable, so far gone mentally and out of it, that she shouldn't be alone. Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, Esmè, Carlisle, Bella, Edward, Seth, and I were all in the living room, watching the news. There was a string of unexplained killings in Seattle and Port Angeles, nearly 25 men between the ages of 19-25 with blonde hair were dead. The police were concerned that there was a serial killer in the area on a killing spree and they were worried that it would only get worse in the next weeks and months to follow. The bodies all had bite marks, puncture wounds on their necks that resembled incisors and all of their necks had been snapped. The Seattle police department had called in the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI for help to track down this killer.

Carlisle and I both looked at each other in horror, shock, and disbelief when they said that the bodies all looked like they had been exsanguinated with the carotid and jugular vessels of the neck drained along with teeth marks. There was only one creature who could cause that: vampires. Carlisle and I were thinking the same thing, there was a new vampire or coven in Seattle and Port Angeles killing humans and drawing attention to theirselves. Eventually, the Volturi would be forced to step in if it didn't stop. The number #1 rule in our world, the vampire world, was: Don't draw attention to yourself. The humans cannot know we exist or they will attack and try to kill us in fear.

Carlisle turned the TV off and I said "Carlisle, you don't think.....you don't think Lorena is behind these attacks, do you?"

"Alice, that isn't possible. Lorena would never hurt anyone, she cries when she steps on an ant by accident or that one time she accidentally slammed the bumblebee in her book." Carlisle replied.

"I don't relish the thought or truly believe it either, Carlisle, but it's the only one that makes sense because of the timeline that these killings started. Look at the timeline, Lorena disappeared 5 days ago, the first victim was killed 5 days ago and they all resemble Vladimir in features. They're also somewhere around the ages Vladimir would be if he were human, Vladimir was in his 20's when he was turned." I pressed. I couldn't believe what I was accusing Lorena of, but there was no other rational explanation.

Bella jumped up.

"No, no, no! No, you're wrong Alice! Lorena wouldn't do that ever in a million years! I know my sister, she's too kind and innocent to do that, she doesnt have it in her to kill someone! She wouldn't, no matter how upset, hurt, angry, and grief-filled she is!" Bella shouted at me. Edward stood up and gently grabbed Bella's shoulders.

"Bella, I know you don't want to consider it, the possibility that it's her, but we must. It is very possible that she was driven insane by what Vladimir and Stefan did and this is just her way of lashing out and coping. I don't like to think about her killing innocent people either, but I went through a rebellion of my own in the 1930's. Of course, this is different from that, but it's possible. Vampires have to kill to survive and animal blood isn't exactly orthodox. It's very possible that the grief and rage she felt at Vladimir and Stefan caused her to snap and start killing lookalikes to try and make the pain stop." Edward said, turning Bella around to face him.

"Carlisle, we need to find Lorena and bring her home. If this is her, if Lorena really is killing young blonde men, we need to put a stop to it before the Volturi gets involved. Locating Vladimir and Stefan would be a good start." Jasper spoke. I felt fear shoot through me. Carlisle and Jasper were both blonde and if this is Lorena, what's to say that she won't hurt them too?