Chapter Fourteen

Edward's POV
I was on my way to the main house to check on Lorena for Bella when I ran into Vladimir quite literally. Vladimir quickly pulled away from me and I could see it in his face that something had happened. He seemed very upset, angry, and scared about something. Vladimir was physically shaking and I couldn't tell if it was from anger or fear or a combination of both.

"Vladimir, what happened? Why are you so shaky? Is Lorena okay?" I asked concernedly. I swear to God, if something had happened to Lorena.....

"N-N-Nothing." Vladimir stuttered. Alright, that's strange and unusual. Vladimir never stutters, he's usually so confident, arrogant, and cocky.

"Vladimir......" I said, trailing off in the stern tone and look that I gave Renesme when she misbehaved.

"L-Lorena's f-fine, Ed-Edward. I j-just g-got back f-from the c-cabin." Vladimir stuttered.

"And why were you at the cabin?" I asked suspiciously.

Vladimir didn't reply, choosing instead to show me through his thoughts what had happened between him and Stefan. From what I could gather, Stefan was extremely jealous and possessive over Vladimir being my little sister-in-law's mate and would stop at nothing to get Vladimir back. It also seemed that the two of them had had another sexual encounter a few days after everything that had happened, but from what I could gather, Stefan had taken advantage of Vladimir while Vladimir was in a weakened mental state. I also saw that Vladimir had rejected and pushed Stefan away, warning him. I was glad Vladimir had set in place and kept boundaries, but I was always worried for him and Lorena. If Stefan was this jealous and possessive, who's to say he wouldn't use the information to hurt Vladimir through Lorena in order to try and get Vladimir back?

"This isn't good Vladimir, it isn't good at all. We need to do something about this, but we also need to keep Lorena from finding out, at least for now. I don't like the idea of lying to her again, but it's the best thing for her. We might have to eliminate Stefan from the picture entirely." I said once I was done reading his thoughts.

"No Edward, I won't lie to her, not twice. I have to be completely open and honest with her, despite the consequences. I know she's just starting to trust me again, but I can't lie to her about the cabin. Stefan could possibly try to tell Lorena about it as a way to hurt me through her." Vladimir replied.

"Tell me about what?" We suddenly heard Lorena's voice. Shit, I hadn't realized we were so close to the house, not had I realized that she was outside and probably heard everything.

"Lorena, baby, we have a problem." Vladimir said carefully, scared to tell her.

"What problem?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Stefan has feelings for Vladimir, but Vladimir doesn't return them because he deeply and unconditionally loves you. This angered Stefan when Vladimir returned two months ago to be with you, Stefan then became extremely jealous and possessive over Vladimir. He tried to force Vladimir to sleep with him at the cabin half an hour ago when Vladimir went to talk to Stefan and set boundaries. He rejected and pushed Stefan off of him, warning him. There's more, but it's not my place to tell." I spoke for Vladimir.

"Lorena, let's go in the house and talk."

"No Vladimir, whatever it is, you can tell me out here since Edward already seems to know everything." Lorena replied sharply.

Vladimir swallowed and said "A few days after Stefan and I went to the cabin, I was in an extremely bad mental place. Stefan could see this and he took advantage of it. He gave me oral to 'help me' and I was so out of it that I didn't tell him to stop or pushed him away."