Chapter Thirteen

Vladimir's POV
A few days have gone by and I decided to go talk to Stefan and tell him what I had to say. I didn't want the Cullens or Lorena to know I was going to the cabin because I knew that they would just be suspicious of me, especially Lorena. So, I waited until Carlisle was at work, Bella, Edward, and Renesme were at their cottage, Esmè, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett were hunting, and Lorena was asleep. After I was sure my Princess was asleep, I carefully slid out of the bed and went downstairs as quietly as possible. I used the back door and walked at vampire speed to the cabin. I stopped on the porch and knocked on the door, waiting a few seconds and knocking again. Just as I was about to give up, Stefan finally opened the door, seeming genuinely surprised that I had came.

"V-Vladimir, what are you doing here?" Stefan asked.

"Is that any way to speak to your guest? Aren't you going to invite me in or give me a proper greeting?" I smirked.

Stefan stepped aside and held the door open wider, "Please Vladimir, come in and make yourself comfortable."

I brushed past him, hearing his breath hitch and feeling him tense, walking into the cabin. The place was a mess. There was shattered glass and broken chairs everywhere.

"What happened here, Stefan? It was clean when I left." I asked, shocked at the mess. Stefan was just as much a neat freak as I was, so this was seriously out of character for him.

"I um, had my own breakdown after Seattle." Stefan replied quietly.

"I can see that." I said, sitting down on the couch. It was one of the only pieces of furniture besides the armchair that wasn't broken.

I tried not to think about the couch as I sat down on it. There was a reason I felt more guilty for what I did than I might've if it was only a one-time mistake. I would make sure Lorena never found out because she was hurt enough, but I had cheated on her with Stefan twice. When we first arrived at the cabin, a week after we came here, I was in such a bad spot mentally that I had let Stefan give me oral right here on this couch to try and help me. I know Stefan meant well when he did it, but it only made me feel worse in the end.

"Do the Cullens know you're here? Does Lorena?" Stefan asked, sitting next to me as we both turned to face each other.

"No, they don't. Carlisle is at work, Bella, Edward, and Renesme are at their cottage, Esmè, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett are hunting, and Lorena is asleep. I didn't want them to know I was here, that would only make them suspicious of me, especially Lorena. I'm already having a hard enough time earning her trust back." I replied.

"What did you come here for then?" Stefan asked next.

"To talk to you. I know this isn't easy on you, me being so distant, but I'm only doing what I have to do. I have to establish boundaries between us, Stefan, strict boundaries that must never be broken. It's for yours and mine's own good, as well as Lorena's. We've been best friends for many a moon now and we've crossed the line far too many times." I said.

"I know Vlad, you made that perfectly clear the night you didn't return to the cabin." Stefan said with a hint of something I couldn't quite identify in his voice.

"Stef, Lorena needed me that night, she still does. I didn't have a choice. Don't tell me you're jealous." I replied, almost sounding as if I was protesting.

"Why shouldn't I be? Ever since you met her, you've pulled further and further away from me." Stefan snapped. I was taken aback, I had no idea whatsoever he felt that way towards her, and me.

"Stefan, you can't be serious. How could you possibly be jealous of someone like Lorena? She's my true mate, Stefan, you know this." I said, standing up and standing in front of him.

"She took you away from me, Vladimir. Before she came along, it was only us. I've been by your side through it all and you chose her over me. How can you not see what that little girl is doing to our friendship? She can't possibly care about you the way I do, you're mine."

"Oh my God Stefan, I can't believe you. You're acting like a petulant child. I can't control the bond Lorena and I have. You're just going to have to get used to that 'little girl' being around. I would never stop being your friend, Stefan, and I do appreciate all the things you've done for me over the years, but I'm not yours. I'm hers." I said, arms crossed over my chest. I just couldn't believe this. Stefan was being downright ridiculous and unreasonable. Lorena hadn't done anything to him, but she had bettered my existence. I loved her more than anything in the whole wide world, more than the universe, more than human blood even.

Stefan stood up and stood chest-to-chest with me. His eyes were a darker shade of red and I had no idea what was going on.

"Stefan, what are you doing? Back up." I tried to push him away from me, but he wasn't budging. Instead, he grabbed me by the back of my neck and kissed me, pressing his bulge against my thigh.

"You feel this, Vladimir? This is what you do to me. You know Lorena could never make you feel what I made you feel those times. I made you feel so good, I can do it again. You just have to let me." He said against my lips.

"Goddamn it Stefan, get the fuck off of me! This is so wrong on so many fucking levels! We can't fucking do this! What we did, that can't ever fucking repeat itself! I won't fucking betray Lorena again! I love her dammit!" I shouted angrily, finding the strength to push him off of me. He crashed into a wall, his body leaving an imprint. He growled at me.

"You know you fucking want it Vladimir, you fucking slut! You're nothing but a fucking cheater and you know you want me, so stop fighting me!" He yelled.

I growled as terrifyingly as I could at him, "Never! I'll never stop fighting you, Stefan, never!"

With that, I left the cabin and Stefan permanently. I would never go back, it was too dangerous to do so. Stefan was insane with jealousy and possessiveness and would stop at nothing to get me, to have me again. The safest thing I could do was leave and never go back.

Now that Stefan has shown his true nature towards me, and towards Lorena, I was fucking done with him. He wasn't ever coming near me or my baby girl again, or I would kill him, I would fucking kill him.