Chapter Eight

Stefan's POV
Watching Vladimir, my one and only coven member, the leader of our coven, go through the guilt and remorse and shame, having to see him suffer and be in so much pain from being separated from Lorena, was very very hard and just made me hate myself because I know it's my fault. Vladimir was becoming catatonic as he suffered what Lorena was surely suffering. He would sit in front of the fireplace or stand in front of the window in the living room for several hours at a time, still as a statue, refusing to move. He wasn't hunting and I could sense just how bad his thirst for human blood was becoming. I would go out and kill hitchhikers, drag them back to the cabin, and try to get Vladimir to feed like he needed to, but he would refuse and I would end up draining the bodies and burning them outside to keep from wasting blood, causing me to overfeed.

I sighed as I looked over at Vladimir, my very best friend for thousands of years. Today was one of the really bad days, he was having another major depressive episode. He hasn't moved from the front picture window in 12 hours, going on 13. I felt horrible. I never should have slept with Vladimir and betrayed Lorena's trust and friendship in me. I never should have entered Vladimir's body, even if he was begging for me.

"Vladimir, please, come away from the window. Watching in a catatonic state isn't going to bring Lorena back." I pleaded with him, pleaded with him to see reason and understand that what he and Lorena had was over, it was destroyed, it had crashed and burned, all because of me.

Vladimir let out an animalistic hiss when I said Lorena's name, turning his head to growl at me and then go back to watching out the window.

"Vladimir, Vlad, please, let's go hunting. You need to feed. You haven't fed in two months and a vampire can't go longer than one month without feeding in order to survive and keep himself sustained." I begged him again.

"Leave. Me. Alone. Stefan! This is all your fault!" Vladimir snapped, turning around and grabbing a chair, throwing it at the wall and breaking it.

"My fault? How is it my fault?" I asked.

"You didn't push me away, you didn't make any fucking attempt to stop me and make me see reason! You wanted this, Stefan, you wanted this! You wanted to ruin my relationship with Lorena because you were jealous! Jealous that she was going to take me away from you! I could've married her, I could've consummated our relationship properly on our wedding night, I could've had a family with her, and you ruined all of it!" Vladimir shouted, taking a step towards me and then collapsing. He was so weak from not feeding that his legs couldn't hold him up anymore.

"I'm not jealous, Vladimir, and I couldn't have stopped you even if I wanted to. You've always been stronger than me and you know this, you initiated it, you begged, you fucking begged for my cock and you know it. I only gave you what you wanted like I always do because it's not worth telling you no to anything. Do not attempt to put this on me when you're the one who wanted it." I replied calmly, leaving him to lay on the floor. I wasn't going to help him, he hated me for his own weakness. Yes I had participated, but that didn't make it entirely my fault.

I stepped over him and headed for the door, "I'm going to find hitchhikers to bring back for you and you will feed even if I have to force you, Vladimir. I don't like you when you're thirsty, you're rude when you're thirsty." I said calmly and then left, leaving Vladimir to wallow in his own misery and self-pity.

The last thing I heard before I left was a vicious low growl from Vladimir. I ignored it and began the hunt.

Lorena's POV
I had finally come out of my room, only to run away to Seattle and then Port Angeles. I was done following Carlisle's rules, I didn't want animal blood. It wasn't enough. I wanted human blood, I needed human blood. The urge to wreak my vengeance on the humans was overwhelming.

Rationally, I knew they weren't to blame, it wasn't their fault that Vladimir was a lying, cheating whore. Irrationally, however, I didn't care. I was going to kill until I was satisfied and the anger stopped, until all the rage and fury was gone. I didn't care about the consequences of my actions, what my family, if you can even call the rag-tag group Carlisle had put together "family". They don't care about me anyway, not really, they allowed Vladimir into our lives, into my life, to hurt me. Carlisle wasn't even going to tell me about the betrayal, he told Jasper to keep his mouth shut, to not tell me anything and to continue existing like nothing had ever happened. That makes Carlisle just as bad as Vladimir and Stefan in my book.

I was wearing a black hoodie and had brown contact lenses in to pass for human. I kept my hood up and my head down as I walked, listening to the voices in my head whisper in a cacophony of speech that I couldn't understand anyway. I saw a young man, about 19, with hair just as blonde as Vladimir's. I grinned evilly to myself as the voices started screaming at me to kill him. If I couldn't kill Vladimir, I would kill lookalikes. I came up behind the guy, putting my hand over his mouth and dragging him into the alleyway, muffling his sounds. Before I snapped his neck and drained him of his blood, I whispered in his ear "You should've never betrayed me Vladimir, now you must pay the price."

I snapped his neck and sank my fangs into his jugular, draining him of his blood as I gulped down the rich, warm red liquid that had once flowed through his veins and kept him alive.

Watch out Seattle and Port Angeles, because Lorena Bentlee Swan is finally free from the Cullen family and ready to terrorize the two cities. My reign of terror has just begun.