Chapter Three

Lorena's POV
I was coloring with Alice in my playroom when I picked up his scent. He smelled like Axe and had a woodsy scent to him. I loved it. Before Alice could stop me, I had flew down the stairs and outside to see who the hell it was that I was so attracted to.

"Lorena, honey, wait! Carlisle said to stay here!" Alice called after me, but I was faster than Edward and twice as strong as Emmett. It was no use trying to catch me.

I went outside and stood beside Carlisle and froze. Standing on the ground were two vampires. One had dark brown hair, red eyes, and pale skin. He was wearing leather clothes and looked very prestigious. The other one, the one that had caught my attention, had white-blonde hair, red eyes, and pale skin. He was also wearing leather clothing.

I stiffened up, froze, and my crimson eyes clouded over and became foggy. Right now, the center of my universe was gorgeous Dracula wannabe and he was all that mattered. The rest of the world ceased to exist and it was just me and him. I inhaled more of his scent and got drunk off of it as I gripped the wooden porch railing hard enough to break it. After a few minutes, we both returned to ourselves.

"Frumoasa." He murmured to himself in language I couldn't understand.

The dark-haired one turned towards him and they had a shushed conversation in the same language as blondie had spoken last.

"Stefan, what is going on with Vladimir?" Alice asked impatiently. Huh, strange. I hadn't even heard her come outside.

"Vladimir has just discovered his true mate. It's that girl right there, the newborn." The dark-haired one now known as Stefan said as he pointed at me.

"Oh hell no." Jasper growled protectively, grabbing my waist and pulling me to him.

"We've all seen how they just looked at each other with our own eyes, Jasper. It's the same look every vampire gets when they discover their true mate. There's nothing to be done about it, you can't sever a bond like that." Carlisle replied.

I blocked them out and kept my eyes on Vladimir. He was so dreamy.

"Carlisle, could you give us a moment alone please?" I asked, ripping my stare away from Vladimir and looking at Carlisle.

Carlisle sighed and shooed everyone back in the house while Stefan went to take a look around the woods. That left me and Vladimir by ourselves. I came down off the porch and walked over to Vladimir. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Hello beautiful. What might your name be, hm?" Vladimir said in an accent. Oh God, that accent was fucking sexy. I could get used to this.

"L-Lorena, Lorena Bentlee Swan." I stuttered slightly. Damn it, the first time I meet him and I stutter. He probably thinks I'm stupid.

"Lorena, hm? A beautiful name for a beautiful lady." He said, smiling and showing me his pearly white teeth. I giggled a little and flushed bright red.

"Th-Thank you." I replied.

"You're quite welcome, beautiful. My name is Vladimir, Vladimir Romania."

"So, we're true mates?" I questioned.

"Yes Lorena, we are. That's why we felt such an attractive pull to each other. When the time comes, I'll mark you as mine and rightfully claim you and you'll do the same."

"Claim me? How?" I asked shyly.

"By making love, beautiful. The next full moon, I'll sink my fangs into your beautiful skin and leave a mating mark on your neck and inner thigh so that others know you belong to me. You'll mark my neck and then we are truly and properly mated." Vladimir explained.