7

[ Y/n ]

This has been... Surprisingly easy.

We've been settling in like real adults. It's the best time I've ever had.

Max was having the time of his life too. I think he's finally genuinely happy.

"Hey."

"Hey babe." Max kissed my cheek and fixed his hair. "Interview?" I asked. He nodded and I grinned. "Good luck, mr worker guy."

[ Max ]

Please, please, please, please let me get this fucking job.

We have $100 left and Y/n doesn't know. I don't want to tell her because I can fix this.

I left the apartment and walked downstairs. I kept my head down as I walked out of the building. Someone was putting up flyers and I first I didn't care.

Until I saw an oddly familiar face.

I stopped and turned.

MISSING

1 Male, 1 Female

Male:
Name: Maximus Blaine (goes by Max)
Age: 17
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 118 lbs
Appearance: Black curly hair, pale skin, freckles, lanky, brown eyes

No, what the fuck. No.

Female:
Name: Y/n L/n
Age: 17
Height: 5'5"

[ Narrator ]

Max didn't keep reading. He tore the flyer down and
crumbled it in his hand.

This isn't fucking happening. Not now.

He decided to try and ignore it and headed towards where his interview was.

. . .

At home, Y/n was cleaning up. Her phone buzzed and she picked it up. It wasn't from Max but seemed pretty urgent so she opened it.

Mrs. Blaine, you haven't paid the rent fees in over a week so you have to be off the premises in the next 48 hours.

[ Y/n ]

Haven't paid rent?! Max said he was doing it when it was due.

I opened the bank account and my eyes widened. $97?!

What the fuck, we only have $97 left.

I sat down on the floor and stared at my screen. What the fuck is going to happen to us now?

. . .

Max came home and smiled at me. I was beyond pissed at him. Why wouldn't he have told me earlier?

"Hey, bunny. What'd you do today."

He kissed my head and I shifted away from him. Max stared at me and then looked at the tv.