8

[ Y/n ]

Max and I found a decent area to stay in after getting evicted... We couldn't go to a shelter because we were missing. That was another thing Max hadn't told me about.

Our faces were all over everything.

I was pissed at him. I didn't even want to look at him.

I could tell he was really upset about this but what he did was stupid as hell.

Max came back from his walk and sat down next to me. I avoided eye contact with him, pissed off about everything.

Max sat down next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. "Baby... You're mad and it makes sense but... I love you. I don't want you to be mad at me anymore. I'm sorry. This is killing me. Please, please, please forgive me."

I sat there in silence for a moment, contemplating.

"Find us somewhere to stay and I'll forgive you. Somewhere inside at least."

I looked at Max and he had a huge grin on his face. "Okay, okay I will. I promise." He kissed my neck and got up.

[ Max ]

I ran over to the large map of the town to see if there was anything.

Where is somewhere we could go and not be detected?

Artist Group of Norfolk

It wasn't too far from here so I decided that I would go check it out. God, everything is so simple in this town! I took down all of the missing posters I could find, I found this place, Y/n is safe-

I froze and furrowed my eyebrows.

She's safe, right?

I had been walking for a little so the gazebo was no longer in sight. I need to go look at this... And I just left Y/n a couple of minutes ago.

I think I'm just being paranoid.

[ Y/n ]

I decided to make an inventory of what's left for us since we're broke and Max eats excessively.

I had started taking everything out when I heard footsteps coming towards me. "Did you find somewhere?" I asked.

"I'm actually looking for someone."

I turned and stood up.

"Who are you?"

The figure pulled out a paper and I assumed it was a missing flyer.

"I'm looking for the boy... We miss him an awful lot."

This guy... This guy sounds familiar.

"I'm Anthony, his stepdad. We haven't met before."

I stepped away from him but he stepped closer to me. "Just tell me where he is. And this won't be a problem."