9

[ Max ]

Yes! This place is perfect! I couldn't stop smiling as I headed back to Y/n. The door's unlocked and everything. There's a free room that's PERFECT for us.

I took my time heading back to the park. I'm sure Y/n's asleep by now.

When I approached the gazebo I noticed a chillingly familiar figure.

No way.

I walked closer and they both turned to me. "Max." Y/n said anxiously.

"Max." Anthony's voice was eerie. It made me feel sick. I started trembling in my spot.

Anthony suddenly stepped forward and grabbed Y/n. She struggled against him and I instinctively reached into my pants.

Without a thought I pulled out the gun I'd taken from the gun safe at home.

I held it at Anthony, staring directly at him.

"Let her go." I whispered.

"You wouldn't."

"I said let her go!" I spoke up.

Anthony sighed and Y/n ran to me. She hugged my waist and I kissed her head.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I asked.

I knew something was wrong. I fucking knew it.

I hugged Y/n but kept the gun pointed at Anthony.

"You're going to leave us alone. You never saw us. I don't know how you found us but forget it. If I see you ever again I will fucking shoot you in the face! Got it?!"

Anthony didn't respond and I let Y/n go.

I walked over and pushed the gun into his forehead.

"Do you fucking understand?!"

He nodded and I pulled the gun away.

"You know you liked it." Anthony whispered before turning and starting to leave.

I pointed the gun at him but Y/n grabbed my arm. I looked down at her and she shook her head.

I looked back at him and she took the gun from me, wiping my tears with her other hand.

"Come here."

I hugged Y/n and she kissed me to calm me down.

"Breathe Max. Breathe."

I nodded and tried to breathe. I shouldn't have left her. Oh god, why didn't I come back. Did he touch her?!

"Y/n- Y/n please. Did he touch you?! Did he do anything to you. You can tell me. Please tell me."

Y/n shook her head, pulling away. "No, no, no. Max he didn't touch me other than what you saw. He didn't. I'm okay."

I nodded and wiped my tears away.

"You sure?" I whispered.

"Yes, baby. I'm sure."

I nodded and kissed her forehead.

"Okay... P-Pack your stuff. I found somewhere."