Part 1

Hello!

Thank you so much for reading this book. I am so incredibly grateful for all of the support.

Because of your reading, I am very happy to announce that I have now signed exclusively with AnyStories, another reading platform. I have published under the pen name, Athena. 

It is here that a professionally edited, much more thought-out, and much spicer version of this draft will be published (not that this draft of the story isn't good). The new version is under the same name, "The Vampire Kings" and is MUCH longer (almost twice as long already) and is updated daily. I really want to take this story and make it something very magical, but this original fan fiction will always be held very close to my heart. 

Head over to Anystories if you want to meet Colton (Edwards more grown-up name) 

THIS VERSION OF THE BOOK IS MUCH BETTER

https://anystories.onelink.me/zUiI?pid=author_invite&c=share_book&af_ad=61a6dcb725fea20019943d58&af_adset=link&af_dp=anystories%3A%2F%2F%2Fbook%2F61a6dcb725fea20019943d58&af_web_dp=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.anystories.app

Thank you again so much,

ATHENA ☼

-----------------------------

A surge of guilt and excitement washed over me as I hugged my foster sisters goodbye. As much as I wished I was leaving for a family, a new opportunity awaited me.

All my life, the orphanage had been my home. I had been there for as long as I could remember. The orphanage was far from any town, and we were taught by a school teacher. Occasionally we were allowed expeditions in the mountains of our beautiful country of Switzerland.

From ages four to nine, several parents wanted to adopt me. But all of them eventually ended up rejecting me because I was so shy. I had annoyingly obsessive habits of independent reading and playing chess alone. I didn't speak much as a child, but I became quite good at chess. After playing games with our instructor at the school, she took me to a chess tournament in London, where I met the headmaster of an elite private school outside the city.

He was impressed by my performance and watched me like an alien science experiment in the final match. When I won he congratulated me, inquired about my academic performance at the orphanage, and then offered me a seat at his Academy, Chilton Academy.

That was last spring, and all summer I blossomed, both with excitement and newfound hope. My foster sisters who teased me playfully became excited for me as well. The Academy's uniforms and a trunk were sent for me. I tried them on so many times in the mirror and imagined who I might become at this new school. I tried on the navy blue plaid skirt and Academy blazer with a large "C" for Chilton embroidered on the chest and imagined myself making new friends and shaking their hands.

In a blue Chilton scarf and hat, I imagined running late for class in the snow, and dropping my books, only to have a cute young man pick them up and carry them for me.

Now that I was finally standing at the Orphanage's gates, hugging the girls that grew to become my soul sisters, a wave of panic crept over me. This would be my first time ever living anywhere besides the orphanage. I wanted to learn everything I possibly could and see everything I possibly could.

Finally, I hugged the last person goodbye, my old school teacher. She had always pushed me to read more and more and more. When other girls would go to play she would force me to stay back and engage with her in debate, math, literature phenomena, or simple essay assignments. This summer while we usually had only one hour of learning a day, she held me back nearly every day, pushing my mind, and tutoring me on possibly everything Chilton Academy could throw at me.