Part 23

Thank you so much for all the attention on this book! 

There will be about ten more chapters! :) I'll continue to update every few days, please show some love and vote!

---------

Isabella's POV

     Classes after visiting Italy were different. 

     My entire perspective had changed. My family and their power, their influence. I could feel it in my bones. 

    I felt stronger than ever before, and my sixteenth birthday was only a few weeks away, May 13th, the same week as final exams. 

     I was sitting with my friends for breakfast, looking over their faces and staring at my latte. I had always been so scared. Scared at the orphanage, scared at the academy, scared to learn about my family. But visiting Italy had shown me there was nothing to fear. I felt nothing but peace, and pity for the girl I used to be. She was so alone. 

     I held myself different now. I was coming into my own, and proud of myself. People in Ravenclaw had began to treat me different when they heard I was a Medici, but I never truly knew why.

      Visiting my home, I knew why.

      Glimmers of war and power filled my brain as I journeyed through. I sensed my family everywhere. So much power, it was a force that reassured me everything in my life was going to be okay. 

     I could protect myself.

    I was going to be a powerful queen. 

     Edward waved to me from his group of friends and I awkwardly waved. I had secrets kept from them. 

     The secrets were, that I knew theirs. 

      Damien's mental guard was strong, but Italy had filled me to the brim with power. I had learned to read his thoughts from farther away than ever, and undetected. 

      I knew he and Edward were raised together, that they fought wars against my father, and that he had pretty recently, about forty years ago, had to fight against another family, the Tudors, alongside my father. 

       I knew that my family had murdered and killed humans and other royals mercilessly. That my parents were brutal, and I had dozens of half brothers and sisters my family turned who went insane and began killing other royals. 

      Edwards mind however, was much more powerful. He was a pureblood was Damien was not, so I backed off from even daring to learn more from him. But Damiens mind had been enough. 

      I knew that they were having the headmaster and professors bring in the smartest royals in to examine and learn about my tainted blood. 

      The only confusion I had, was why they thought they shouldn't tell me, about my own life, my own blood. I had distanced myself from the pain of them keeping things from me. 

    Stella was talking about "Parents weekend" a relatively normal event for humans at an Academy, and an ironic drinking fest and social event for the vampire parents. 

      I dreaded seeing her parents after the engagement fiasco. I truly hoped that she would be happy with Josh, with whom she said was meeting her parents. Josh, fortunately also was a pureblood from a royal family. I smiled at this rearrangement, she deserved to be happy. 

       After breakfast I walked out to meet Damien and Edward, who projected happiness and love, but I could tell from Damien that they were both looking at me like an unidentified science project.