Part 4

The next morning I skipped my classes that met with Edward. For lunch I just grabbed a bite to go and headed to the library.

For the rest of the week, I avoided everyone. I just worked in the library and got ahead in all of my studies. I turned in my midterm papers to my professors Saturday morning, insisting that I had done all of the readings and it was of good quality.

My history teacher, who did not believe me, had me sit in front of him while he read my paper right in front of me. Ten minutes later, and with a set of rolled eyes, he marked a red "A" and handed it back to me.

Holding my paper proudly, I began walking back to my dorm. Edward saw me and began approaching, I decided to go the other way.

Once back in my dorm, Stella, Nora and Natalie all were getting ready for a party.

I decided to open up to them about how hanging out with some of the older kids got very intense, and I just wanted to have fun instead of focusing on status and academics and relationships all the time (or at least my best explanation for "I don't want to join an underground sex club" without saying "I don't want to join an underground sex club.")

They reassured me that freshman year was supposed to be fun and we should all go out to this party Stella had been invited to.

"But aren't first years not allowed to go out and drink?" I asked her.

"Yes, SO?!" She asked, "you wanted to have fun right?" She asked me, she was right, I did.

Two hours later we were all ready. We followed Matt and Josh through some secret passage ways to a very cool looking party. The party looked like it was in a dungeon, with black and teal marble, flashing lights, and stone carvings.

"What is this place?" I asked Josh.

"The old dungeons" he told me with a wink. We met some older students, and a very handsome junior put his arm around Stella. Stella blushed and we all decided to start dancing.

I met a cute sophomore.

"Hey, you're in Ravenclaw right?" He asked me, my eyes went wide,

"I thought we weren't supposed to talk about it" I told him.

"Oh, that's just some of the stuck-ups, the humans know theres a group of us that are special, we just don't tell them were a whole other species" he told me. I didn't know how to respond.

He had piercing blue eyes and was very tall. I decided to let him pour me a drink.

We danced for hours, I was having so much fun. I learned the boys name was Dan, he seemed very popular. A lot of girls came up and tried to dance with him. He was being very flirty with me.

"Do you want to go talk?" He asked, I nodded. He took my hand and led me out of the party.

In the dark dungeon hallway we kept laughing and dancing,

"You're amazing" he told me, pushing a strand of hair from my face.

"From the second I saw you I knew I had to have you" He asked, suddenly pulling my hair off my neck. He began kissing my neck roughly.

"Oh, um-" I said quietly, I felt frozen,

Suddenly, Dan was removed from me.

Edward?!

"Edward, what the fuck man?" Dan asked Edward. Dan and Edward has some sort of weird stare down, and Dan backed off.

"Stay the hell away from her" Edward said to him in a deep an intimidating voice.