Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

Guess who hated the first few chapters and decided to rewrite them?  Me.  Older chapters will be at the bottom of the list or whatever if you still wanna see them or something-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pump!! I can't wait! This is so exciting!!" A small child wearing a skeleton Halloween, or Spooky Month costume. A child wearing a pumpkin and a suit nodded, equally as excited.

"Me too, Skid! It's gonna be our first rap battle! It's even during the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 month!" Pump called out equally as excited. They had been told that they were to have a rap battle instead of taking the person who they were told was made of candy. They were currently in a 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 attic waiting for their opponent to arrive. When they did, they looked... strange.

"Aye, Skid! They're dressed up for da 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 month too!" Pump pointed out.

"Oh! Yeah! They are! They look really 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂, too!!" Skid agreed as he climbed onto his friend's shoulders. The person with long hair sat on top of the speakers nearby as the other person stood in front of the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 children. Both of them kept staring at the kids with a weird expression that Pump was slightly suspicious of. The instrumental of the first song started playing, which was a song the spooky kids (with the assistance of Lila, Skid's mother) made. The spooky kids started the song, their opponent repeated their verses, and boom the first song was over. The person on the speakers wouldn't stop staring at the children and their opponent was doing the same. The second song's instrumental started and the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 kids sang the first verse, but their opponent didn't do anything in response.  Pump looked concerned and Skid was confused, but they kept singing their parts despite their opponent not doing anything.  They only stopped when a familiar being appeared behind the kids.

"Oh! It's the lemon man!" Skid pointed out, looking up at the nice man with the lemon head.

"D̵̾o̵ ̶̏i̸̓́t̷̋ ̵t̶̾o̷̍ ̸̈́t̸h̸̓e̴͠m̵.̴̋" The person on the speakers said, pointing to the two children.

"Do... what?" Pump asked, Skid falling off his friend.

"Oh you poor delectable specimens..." The lemon man said, grabbing Pump's arm.

"Wh-?! Hey! Let me go!" Pump called out, trying and failing to break free from the demon's grasp.  The harder Pump tried to break free, the harder the monster's grip was.  He kept struggling until he felt a searing pain in his right eye that was spreading slowly across his body.  He had to suppress a scream, and instead decided crying was a better option.

"It will all be over soon..." The monster said, his voice sickeningly smooth like molasses. Pump looked over at Skid, who was trying to avoid being restrained by the other two people. It was then Skid looked over at Pump, and noticed something spreading on his face. It was like the same thing the other two people were covered in, but now it was spreading on Pump. Skid almost fell over from the shock as he smacked the two people trying to get him. That somehow worked and they stood there, stunned apparently. That didn't matter anymore, as the panic finally set in with the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 child.

~~~~~~~~~~~

497 words