48 | yaadein

Thank you anaammx you know you own my heart 🖤

Youn To Pehley Bhi Huwey Us Se Kaien Baar Judaa
Leykin Ab Key Nazar Aatey Hein Kuch Asaar Judaa

Shehryar's world shifted. The storm cracked somewhere in the mountains, light bolts struck the trees, burning them to ashes. The click of her fading heels resonated with his heart-shattering in the silence. Her kiss. Her hands. Her eyes. Her touch. His mind drowned in utter numbness. How did I mess it all up? He didn't have enough time to wallow. His wife had just left in the middle of a brewing storm and without any security, after the nightmare he had been in all day. Fuck!

Breezing through the chaos of people he followed her retreating figure. No. Laila. You have always heard me. Always found me. Always knew the beat of my heart. Don't close me out today. Grief snaked around the broken pieces of his heart as he watched leave in an Uber.

Fuck it. He forgot his broken pieces, tucking them away in the darkness. He took the keys from the valet, leaving money for the driver so he could catch a cab. The sky burst open like the way his heart yearned to burst to let go of the pain, the way he wanted to sit at her knees and let go of it all and cry in her lap. Instead, the sky split open rain pelted on his car harshly like the way her heart was bleeding all over him.

Unshed tears burned his eyes, contacts blurring his view along with the rain, he didn't know how he reached the corner of her street without crashing as his eyes caught her sight. Her tall figure didn't look over her head as she stood in front of the white gate. Rain cascaded down her slender body. She leaned forward putting her forehead on the gate as the rain drenched her. Laila. His mind went to war with his heart. Grief. Loss. Past. Fear. Most of all, it was the text that rang around him like a nuclear alarm.

Go! inside!

His heart pushed him to leave the car and go after her, but everything broken within him tied him to the car, watching her through the splash of heavy rain as she stood there defeated. He finally was able to breathe when the door opened. She wrapped her arms around Malka and the door closed behind her, robbing him of her view.  He drove further and parked across from her house.

Then reality crashed on him. His wife left him. Rain pelted against his car as if the angry ocean was crashing against the rocks somewhere far. No, it was the utter silence of grief and pain that surrounded him. His Rapunzel left him. His breath hitched, pain slithered laced with thorns through his veins, reaching his heart. He bent down. It hurt. God, damn. He writhed in pain. Laila. My Laila. What have I done? It was as someone lit his heart on fire and he could feel the burn physically. As if someone was putting hot coals all the way from his throat to his heart, and lungs. Every time he took a breath it hurt, it hurt so much as if someone had broken his ribs. The pressure in his throat clogged his airway as he closed his eyes and whimpered the first painful sigh.