50 | khauf

anaammx thank you for this, mi amor

anaammx thank you for this, mi amor. ♥️ you are the aloo to my samosa.

tujhe taras kyun nahi aata youn mere saath berukhi karte huwe?
Tera gila Khuda se kaisay karoon, tujhe maanga bhi tou usi se hai

Laila's eyes flitted to the end of the hall as she paced around her voice. Her eyes averted to the clock that ticked past eleven. Two freaking hours. It was the monday after the weekend that wreaked havoc in their lives and he hadn't bothered to show up to the office. What if something happened to him? Her heart lurched towards the worst. No. No. She shook her head, the cotton sky blue dupatta fell to her shoulders, her ponytail waved as she calmed herself. He probably slept in and the lazy bum he was, he must be late. Don't you dare call him, Laila. She scolded her reflection in the window. He left after their argument and hadn't checked up on her and her anger shot past the stars. She repeated, He left like that and didn't check on me.

"He is missing." Laila twiddled her thumbs, pacing around the office, when Inaaya answered through the speaker.

"So unprofessional to call during office hours. Tsk tsk." Inaaya clicked her tongue.

"I swear if you tried to get on my nerves, I'm going to Uber to your house and pull your hair. Considering the fact that you have deprived me of my niece for an entire week." Laila flopped in her seat, flipping mindlessly through the notes for the meeting at the end of the day. "Find out where my man is?"

"It's your man. Why do I have to find him? Why did you leave him like that if you are acting like a desperate frog?"

"I'm not acting like a desperate frog. He's been missing." Laila mumbled. "Wait, how do you know what a desperate frog looks like?"

"Don't ask. I have dissected them all my life. Anyways, You are acting like someone has kidnapped that 6 feet giant. Even if they did the way his attitude is, they'd drop him right at your door. Asking for forgiveness and crying for their sanity."

"I..." Laila sighed. "Can you just maybe figure it out?"

"Man, I'm on maternity leave matlab I was supposed to be the crazy of the family, but you both took the cake. Haramipan karna hai to warn kar ke karo. Mera sukoon kyun kharab karte ho tum dono. First I had to report to him for years and now you. Mein kya koi radio pakistan lagti hoon?"

"Report to him for what?" Laila frowned, unable to keep up with her annoyed friend.

"I... uhm... nothing. I'll figure something out. Zeeniya's being fussy. I'll call you later." Inaaya mumbled hurriedly,  not even waiting for her bye. Laila's frown deepened. Was she high too? Sab ne phoonk rakhi hai. She didn't have much time as the elevator dinged somewhere down the hall and the familiar footsteps became louder and he sauntered past her office, humming. May God prevent me from committing murder today. She sighed waiting for the figure to walk past her office.