18 | trust

❝ Tuta Toh Hoon Magar Abhi Bikhara Nahi Faraz,Waqt Zalim Hai Har Aik Mor Pe Thukraye Ga❞

Tuta Toh Hoon Magar Abhi Bikhara Nahi Faraz,
Waqt Zalim Hai Har Aik Mor Pe Thukraye Ga

Pain shot through her veins to her heart as it pulsated erratically. She clenched her teeth to prevent them from clattering. Her stomach constantly churned, her mouth filled with salvia. No, Ya Allah, please No. She covered her mouth with her hands. There was no way she could handle throwing up right now.

"Laila," He called her out, but she curled up in the passenger seat. "LAILA!" He yelled trying to navigate the car through utter darkness.

"Huh, wha... what?" Terror coursed through her broken words when she turned towards him.

"Here." He threw white headphones on her trembling hands. "Put these on and close your eyes." She blinked at him, flinching as she saw the light striking across the mountain. "LAILA PUT THESE ON. RIGHT NOW AND CLOSE YOUR EYES." She nodded furiously struggling to put the headphone on. The sound through the headphones blocked roaring thunder and angry rain.

❧ ❧ ❧

He hit the staring wheel, driving merely an inch with minutes passing by He glanced her way, she was trembling frantically. He desperately needed to get to a safe space, the darkness and enclosed space were intensifying her fear. The rain was lashing against the windows of the car, blinding everything. He could barely see the smudged view. The windshield wipers were useless against the ferocity of the rain. Damn it. The road ahead was against the edge of the cliff and the foot of the mountain, one slip and they'd be tumbling down. His legs were locking, toes curling against the leather of his shoes.

He was looking for something to conquer his fear, but there was nothing in his heart except years and years of hate smeared across the tarnished walls of his barren heart. There was nothing to hold on to. For a second he wanted to reach out for the faith from his distant past. The forgotten prayers that once held him together. The urge to remember the abandoned faith to pray for her because he couldn't find anything else within him except a black hole. He glanced at the sky, looking for something unknown beyond the haunting echo of thunders, maybe Laila's God existed somewhere.

He searched through the blinding windows at each turn to find a place to park the car. He kept his trembling hands tightened around the steering wheel. He threw a glance her way, he couldn't let his cramping fear rise, she was scared enough. Damn it, please, anything. He was about to lose all threads of hope when he found a narrow road away from the cliff and a board that he couldn't read due to violent rain. His hopes soared as he turned in to the small road. He could finally breathe. At this point, anything was better than driving along the cliff. Driving carefully through the trees. He crossed his fingers that nothing would jump in front of him. Finally, after a while, he ended up in vast plain area with a small building. He parked under a tree to minimize the slaught of rain.