52 | ishq

Don't forget to comment and vote, y'all 🥺♥️

Thank you Anam for this. You issa baby 🥺♥️

 You issa baby 🥺♥️

______

Kuch Khaas Dilon ko Ishq ka Ilhaam Hota Hai
Mohabbat Moaajza hai, Moaajzay Kab Aaam Hote hai
—anon
(Thank you aqs for finding this)

Shehryar shook his head at her as he watched the sparkle fade from her eyes. His few words knocked the comfort and vulnerability right out of her eyes. A shiver ran down the length of his spine as disappointment suffused her eyes and she chuckled sadly. He hadn't heard a sound more heartbreaking than that laugh. Like a glass broke somewhere around them and the shards pierced through their skins into their hearts. She looked down to her shoes, trying not to whimper, then back into his eyes with nothing but hurt in them. There was no shock whatsoever.

Like she was expecting him to do that.

"I didn't go back to her. I didn't cheat on you." His world was slipping through his hand. As if he was standing in the middle of the desert, parched mouth, sand slipping through his fingers, leaving him empty. His body grasped for sanity as it picked up signs of panic.

"Don't insult my trust in you, Shehryar Ali." She shook her head, gritting her teeth at such thought. Yet she didn't even let a tear fall out of those bloodshot eyes.

"Then why?" He questioned the torment in her eyes.

"Because you kept me outside of your walls. Even if I'm not sure of anything in this world at the moment, I know for a fact that you'd never hurt me like that or cheat on me in any way. I can bet my life on it, but that doesn't mean I don't get hurt with the way you have closed me out of your life. I was closer to you when I had no relationship with you. You trusted me more with your life, with your whole world more when I was merely a few weeks into this office. I'm your wife but hell if I even know who you are anymore. What are you holding in here?" She patted the lapel of his shirt right where his heart was. As if trying to shake awake his scared heart.

"I deserve to know something like that. I deserve your trust. You want to meet her? Go a hundred times over, but I shouldn't have to figure it out that you met her. You have a past with her and I will never throw that into your face. You have the right to navigate through it however you want when you come face to face, but I also have the right to know when your past starts affecting me or our relationship." Shehryar raised his hand to hold hers, but she stepped out of it. Frantically shaking her head, she took another step away from him. "For every one thing you keep in your heart regarding us, for every time you keep me in dark, you are pushing me away further. Don't push me so far away that I'm unable to find my way back to you."

She turned around, the navy blue duppatta flared behind her as she left him in an ashamed daze. He disappointed her. Once again. Shehryar covered his face with his hand, rubbing his eyes. Why couldn't he get anything right even when he intended to do the right thing? Sitting down on the couch, his head fell back against the cushion. How the fuck am I going to fix this now?