The talk and The hints

...

The dinner went really good in fact, they started to keep up with what was going on on each of their lives. Explaining everything that had happened throughout the years and congratulating each other on it.

Harry loved and was obsessed with the delicious toasts Louis made, although they looked like they'd survived a merciless battle of knights, or knights with spatulas. Louis claimed that presentation was secondary and flavour was primary.

The house did survive through the night. No fires reported yet.

Now it was time for a drink at the living room. The boys sat on the couches. Liam and Zayn together literally cuddling like the old times on tours and tour busses and stuff.

Louis sat on a armchair just besides them, throwing things at the couple.-"Social Distance guys! What happened to that?"

"Fuck off."-Liam said showing him.-"Covid was years ago."

Louis flipped him and took out his phone taking a picture.-"Let me tweet this."-He said and Liam literally shot up and took his phone.

"You do that and I release the tapes!"-Liam said threatening.

Louis literally became red looking at Liam with wide eyes. Harry was looking at them from the other couch where he was sitting in silence with Niall, and was probably thinking what Louis was thinking he was thinking.

"Delete those, and I do the same with mine!"-Louis threatened back.

"You have nothing!"-Liam said again.

Louis smiled devilishly.-"My house has security cameras remember!"

Zayn and Liam shared a look. And blushed.

"Really guys, at the stairs too?"-Louis laughed shaking his head.-"Poor house."

"Alright fair enough..."-Liam said sitting back down.-"But I'll keep them just in case you go potato head and decide to do something stupid."

"Should we say something?"-Harry asked Niall. It was his reputation too in stake.

"Oh no...I think it's fine."-Niall said drinking his beer.

Louis sat back down, he really wanted to tweet this, but now it was ruined. So he just tweeted 'I hate Liam.' in stead and turned his phone off as the Twitter blowed on the other side. People genuinely thinking something went on.

"So about the contact, now that it's all handled how's it gonna be."-Niall asked opening another beer as Louis gave him a scared to death look.

"Niall..."-Zayn said softly shaking his head.

"What contract Niall..."-Harry asked confused, when he noticed the boys looked like they had seen a ghost.

"Harry doesn't...oh now I understand why you...but you looked...oh."

"Nothing Niall is just making no sense like always, how many beers have you had Niall?"-Louis asked him.

"Too many."-Liam answered in his behalf.

"But I thought..."-Niall wanted to say but he gave up.

"What's going on?"-Harry asked all boys. Especially Louis which he looked at with his green dilated eyes. Like those he gave him the day Louis packed his bags and left. And Louis did just the same he did back then, looked away unable to answer.

"What are you all hiding for me."-Harry asked more demanding this time.

"It's nothing Harry, just an old conversation."-Liam tried to explain.

"No it's not, Louis looks like whiter than a sheet, Niall is literally almost spilling the tea and you guys are terrified, what IS GOING ON!?"-Harry asked again.

Louis ignored the comment, he knew how he looked.

"Maybe I shouldn't had opened this convers-..."

"No Niall, thanks for doing that, I can literally see in all your eyes you keep hiding something!"-Harry said shushing Niall again.-"Acting up like nothings wrong, well there is. My hearts broken, and you're all just laughing like it's nothing. Can you explain what you know about us."

"Harry Chill."-Zayn said sitting straightforward.

"No I will not, aren't you supposed to be my friends, and be honest, not talking about you Louis, honestly is long gone for you."-Harry said spelling his name with an 's' again.

Louis stood up and left. Heartbroken eyes looking over at his friends.

"Leave that's what you always do!"-Harry called from behind. Braking Louis' heart even more, he was about to cry but this wasn't the place.

"Harry..."-Liam almost whispered.

Niall looked over at Zayn, and Zayn got the message to go after Louis.

He than looked over at Liam.-"Make sure he doesn't drive."-Liam said and Zayn nodded.

Harry just stood there not knowing what was going on. His curiosity was killing him like it does to cats.

"Are you happy now Harry? You think only you're the broken one? Are you happy now?"-Zayn asked than when Harry didn't say anything he said.-"That's what I thought!"-And left to drive Louis home.

"Harry do you really think we don't want to tell you? Do you think it's easy to see you two fight in silence like this?"-Liam said looking at Harry in the eye.

Harry looked down.-"Than tell me! What is happening to us!"-He was really overwhelmed, and seeing Louis like this didn't make him feel good, quite the opposite, it was agonising.

"It's Louis secret to tell, and I thought he probably told you, I mean you two looked friendly over the dinner and I thought he told you...but I should had..."-Niall tried to fix.

"It's not your fault Ni, if Harry wouldn't act like this Louis would have told him, but I am sure he is scared, and Harry here, just keeps blaming him for everything making him even more insecure to say anything."-Liam said sitting up and going to the restroom, he was really angry at the moment.

When he came back Harry and Niall stood silent. Harry looked regretful and maybe he had taken it too far. Again. But he was right, he was broken he was right to act like this.

"Zayn called in and said him and Louis arrived home, he also said Louis is better now, and if I were you Harry I wouldn't meet Zayn for a few days."-Liam said sitting down again.

"Zayn is such a brother to him obviously..."-Niall said with a sad smile.

"I didn't mean for the night to go like this...I apologise."-Harry said standing up.

"Don't apologise to us."-Niall said looking down.

Harry nodded, and decided he too needed to head home now. To rethink everything that had happened that night. The point everything went south. He hates this situation, where he's unable to change the outcome.

He didn't sleep that night and so did Louis they where both sharing the same thoughts, of the old days and how happy they used to be for them. Hoping they would both wake up the next morning besides each other and forget about the past, wake up at that day five years ago, where Louis never left, and Harry held him tight to his heart forever.

...