Sunshine

...

Years...that's what it cost them to be together again. Arms wrapped around each other, holding the other for dear life. As if they let go and it all becomes dust. Yet finally after 5 years, Louis got a good nights sleep again.

In the morning the fresh scent of a pretty familiar perfume lingered inside his nostrils, playing with them cruelly. Was it just part of a dream. His hand tightened, but this time he didn't feel the usual soft pillow a dog or a small child under his hold...it was his lover.

His eyes did not waste a moment, they opened quickly to get a better look. And it was all real and his eyes did not deceive him. Harry was there...Harry was there again. After all this time!

He shifted, trying to get ahold of his face, he placed a hand on his cheek, touching it to prove it was real. And without waking him up, he started to trace every feature of his face...every bump, every line, every single place of his face. How long he's waited to see him again like this.

A tear made its way out uncontrollably. Falling down from his cheek with no sound. He rested his head on Harry's chest, now silently crying, no reason, just tears of happiness, of hope, of lost love, his bottled emotions he kept inside for 5 years.

Harry heard the shaking of the smaller man over his own heartbeat. He quickly sat up looking at him worried.-"Hey, hey, Lou...what's wrong love?"

Enough words to make him let out a full sob.-"I can't...you're here-...you're, I'm sorry."-He mumbled on his arms.

"Lou, it's fine, I'm here now."-Harry said holding him tightly. Planting a small kiss on top of his head.-"We're here now. We're safe."

But those words just overwhelmed him even more. It seemed so surreal. He's dreamed this a million times over and over each night and you just have to imagine the heartbreak and emotional damage it caused to wake up from it.-"You're here...Harry you're here!"-He said just like he did on his dreams.

"Yes, I'm in your house, in your bed, wearing your clothes, holding you."-Harry reassured him.

"You're real?"-Louis said touching his face with his hand, rubbing his thumb over his skin.

"I mean...last time I checked I was."-Harry said smiling and taking his hand kissing it.

Louis sniffled.-"You don't hate me?"

Harry took a deep breath as he held his hand over his mouth, still kissing it.-"Well, considering the position we're in right now, I'd say no. No Lou, I can't ever hate you. I never did, I never will!"

Louis stood upright and hugged him once more.-"It's not a dream, it's not a dream, it's all real. It's not a dream."-He mumbled to himself. -"They could never take you away from me. I told them but they never listen..."

"They...Simon and who else?"-Harry asked worried as Louis sat down on the bed, just a bit over his lap, hands holding hands as they talked. Harry has had enough of living away from Louis, he wants answers. He wants to sue people for this. His Louis was literally afraid to let go of his hands, thinking this could all be a cruel dream of his brain and he's pretty sure he's dreamed this before.

Louis cleared his throat and wiped his tears. He leaned over to the drawer and took out a file. Yellow envelope file. He gave it to Harry and stood silent.

"All this?"-Harry asked.

"It's a bunch of contacts I had to sign...once signed...it all ends."-Louis said softly.

Harry opened it. Taking one by one every paper out of it. He ruffled through them, taking bits and prices of information.-"Why did you sign all these! Why did you let them ruin us Lou! We could have talked this through! Found another way to be together."

Louis found the first contract, the one that made his life a living hell, made by Satan himself. A Satan called Simon.-"It was Simons Idea...You had started to peak high with your image, and your solo career was promising...the group was in hiatus and...he needed you as an only you, I was an extra, I had to be cut out from your picture, my name your name should had never been put together in his opinion...and it cost me a lit."

"Louis get to the theme!"-Harry said taking the paper away from his hands, and froze as he read the paragraphs as Louis stood silent, eyes fallen down.-"Lou..."

"My freedom for yours..."-Louis said softly as another tear started to create where the last one had left from.

Harry was blinded as he read each word on those contracts. PR-s, controlled , a fake image, created to the last detail...Louis lived a tightly wrapped life. Inside so many straight lines and boundaries...His freedom almost reduced to none...-"This is over right?! No more contracts?!"

"Thanks to the boys...Zayn Liam and Niall...they made a plan and had the Modest! Sign the papers without knowing. And the signature from Simon was something Liam got in a way he won't tell me...I really think it was by threatening...he does a dangerous life, people know his secrets and Liam happened to be one of these people."-Louis said and collected the papers.

Harry let go of them aside.-"We had to go through this because of a bunch of papers?"

Louis nodded. Clearing his throat again.-"I know we can't just turn time back and pretend as if nothing happened, and just pickup from where we left, I understand tha-..."

"No no no! Lou, we're picking up from where we left! You did...you did all this just so I could...just so I could go out there and be me! Louis! Haw many people in this world do that for someone they love? I can't let go of you, you're just my everything, my guarding angel, my heart, my life, my love."-Harry said pulling him back on his arms.

Louis couldn't believe his ears...Harry was willing to give it a try again.-"But about Freddie-..."

Harry smiled genuinely.-"I didn't know about the sorrogate till like a week ago, but now that I do, I understand why you needed him in your life...To keep you away of your bad habits. I know how hard it must have been to feel alone...and Freddie...he's perfect! Just as you are. You are a perfect father Louis, the one I always knew you'd turn out to be."-Harry said as Louis chuckled on his grip.

"It's been hard, raising him all by myself..."-Louis said saddened.

Harry smiled down at him.-"I'm here now...You're not alone in all this. I'm here just like I promised! And you...Louis I'm sorry when I said you didn't keep yours...You promised to keep me safe from them, and you did! You sacrificed so much for me. Lou I'm the most grateful man in the world to have you!"

Louis watched him smile, watched him as he got happy by each passing second as he talked so patiently about how grateful he was. He was so radiative...-"My sunshine?"

"Yea Lou?"-Harry said stopping his rant.

Louis  smiled placing his hand back on his chin and got closer to him.-"I love you."-He said and leaned in closing the small gap between their bodies. The kiss was soft. Louis kept it simple.

Harry kept it alive. He caught Louis face pulling it in, holding it gently by the sides with his warm protective hands.-"I love you too!"-He said almost breathless after the kiss.

Louis than kissed his forehead and pulled him down under the sheets again. Not ready to start the day yet. Wanting to spend as much time as possible in bed. Harry did not complain...a lazy day with Louis was all the break he needed from the past 5 years of waiting alone. They had so much to talk, so many things to catch up with. Finally both willing to start it all over again. Given a second chance. But for Louis...the future was already planned by the small velvet box on his drawer, that he still hasn't got to open. And maybe ONE DAY he would. Now the hope between them having sparked again.

...