Turning Him Down

...

Louis went home with a broken heart after the reunion with all the boys...Having Harry there to blame him on each second drained him emotionally and physically.

Zayn had driven him home, because he would have probably ended up on a wall if it he did it himself, and when he got home he just went upstairs and invaded his sons personal space searching for some warmth on a person who he loved endlessly and knew would love him back no matter what.

Freddie had sleepily wrapped his arms around his father and slept there angelically as his father silently shred tear after tear.

His son had been the one to keep him away from all the bad habits, all the wrong thoughts and everything hurtful. His sons scent was able to put his soul to rest, and his brain was once again told why he was going through all this shit for. What was his purpose.

He knew Harry wouldn't ever forgive him, they lost almost 5 years...4 and a half precious years off each others life. He left and broke his heart...and he died inside just as his lover. Even if he knew nothing of it.

...

Today after a few days since the incident, Louis sat on the balcony watching as Freddie played on the garden with Cliff on his side. Him and the babysitter having a banter on the Englands weather and sipping on tea.

Louis admired having someone to talk to who wasn't a four year old toddler or a dog during his day. He also admired how this one hadn't lost her mind running after Freddie who just was perfect at turning people insane with his daily average of four thousand questions per day and running away from midday naps.

He sipped on his warm tea. As he wrote some new songs on his notebook. His second album "Glass" was coming out soon and he already had started to plan the third plus the festival, it was now becoming an annual thing.

Everything was going good, he was giving and taking phone calls all day, promoting stuff, selling tickets for the next years tour, booking interviews for their promo...everything was being planed and was keeping his head busy from the actual problems he didn't have the bravery to face yet.

And that was perfectly working and talking to Rose the babysitter until James called.

Louis debated himself if he should or shouldn't open it. He did nonetheless.

"Hello James."-Louis said with a sight.

"Someone's having a bad day?"-James chuckled on the other side of the phone.

"I'm currently working, going to the studio later, they want new ideas and I have vocal lessons in less than an hour."-Louis informed him as he closed his notebook and took a sip of his tea as Rose dismissed herself to go and look after Freddie.

"Okay...busy bee! I have good news to cheer you up, straight at the theme, Harry accepted to do the interview together."-James said his voice sharing all the enthusiasm.

Louis sighted again.-"James...I'm..I'm not doing it."

A glass shredder was heard from the other end.-"What? Louis are you kidnapped? Is someone making you say these stuff? Are you ill?"

Louis smiled softly.-"No James...Is time to let it go. Harry won't change and so won't our situation. I can't bare to look into his eyes and see the hate that's filled them, when all I used to see was love and happiness as pure as a child. Knowing that I'm the reason that even though that child is free now because of what I did, he's hurt because of me. Even if I tell him, I can't just expect things to ho back to being wonderfully normal.

James gasped loudly.-"Oh my boy...What changed your mind so badly. Harry is ready, he wants the truth, give it to him and he'll understand for the sake of your long fight."

Louis pinched the bridge of his nose.-"You don't understand James, it's not that easy. Have you seen the way he looks at me? Like he wants me dead! Like he's my enemy! I can't bare it any longer. It's time to let go."

"But you're hurt! You won't move on."-James cried from the other side.-"And so won't Harry!"

"He will...Once I let him go, he will."-Louis said and after some silence James spoke again.

"5 days...You have 5 days to rethink your choice Louis...You either become brave enough to face him or you stick there in your mansion hiding like a scared child."-James said sniffing away his sadness.

Louis agreed and ended the call. With a heavy heart he let the phone away, he had made a decision...nothing could change his mind.

"Dad! Daddie... Cliff bit his own tail and now he's cwying!"-Freddie came over with his short toddler legs jumping on his lap.

Louis laughed at his sons concern.-"Let's go confront him."

"Yaayy!"-He chanted and Louis took him on his arms and made his way to Clifford.

...

"He said what!?"-Harry almost yelled on the phone.

"I tried to change his mind, but he has already decided...maybe if you talk to him..."-James asked worried.

Harry laughed.-"Oh so he wants me to apologise?"

"No! No Harry! He wants to know that you won't keep throwing it on his face every times he sees you! Like what! He's meet you four times and you threw him off by mentioning it five times."

"Because he left me to break alone! It's karma for all I know!"-Harry said on the phone.

"Harry...If you want answers you need to convince Louis. He's already going to be a part of your life Harry! Every time the boys come together he'll be there, every party we will organise...everywhere...you might want to fix this now!"-James explained one more time.

Harry huffed. He swallowed his pride and gave a rushed decision.-"I'll go talk to him...But I'll only ask him once, if he doesn't come than I've already done my part!"

James let a dead scream out.-"That's my son! Go get him!"

Harry rubbed his forehead.-"Bye now James call me for updates."

"No...you call me for updates!"-James backfired.-"Bye!"

Harry closed the phone and let it fall on the couch.-"I regret this."-He mumbled and fell down on it dramatically. Giving a long look the small book laying on the table. The book Louis spoiled for him the second time they meet.

He rubbed his face one more time, anxious and saddened.-"Why did you have to do this to me Lou...Why leave me when we promised forever?"-He said his voice barely a whisper.-"Why?"

...